Apr 21, 2011, 6:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks earned back some believers in their dominant 7-2 win in Game 4, but tonight’s game is going to be a bigger challenge. It’ll be tougher for two reasons: Game 5 will take place in Vancouver instead of Chicago and they must win again without defenseman Brent Seabrook (according to Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago).
While Chicago dominated that Game 4 win thanks in part to the return of two-way center Dave Bolland (one goal, three assists), they will miss a player like Seabrook in a game like this. At full strength, Seabrook sports a rare mixture of hard-hitting defense and solid offensive acumen.
Naturally, every game is a big one this time of year, especially for a team on the brink of elimination like the Blackhawks. Yet that’s also good justification to keep him out of this game; if he cannot play at full speed, he might hinder rather than help his team.
In case you weren’t following the action, Seabrook is banged up after taking two big hits from Canucks forward Raffi Torres. Huge but limited defenseman John Scott will play instead of Seabrook, Myers reports.
We’ll let you know if Seabrook ends up being healthy enough for Game 6 … if the Blackhawks make it that far, that is.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)