Apr 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
While the San Jose Sharks will receive plenty of recognition as a team, Devin Setoguchi‘s overtime clincher is the iconic moment. It was a thrilling goal that put the ideal exclamation point on an unthinkable comeback. In other words, this is perfect material for those “History is Made” spots.
On a night that the Sharks showed how dangerous they can be now that their offense has other options, it only seems fitting that Devin Setoguchi scored the goal to earn his first point of the series.
Now Setoguchi will be a minor celebrity in both San Jose and Los Angeles, especially if the Sharks win this series. For a full recap of the Sharks’ stunning 6-5 OT win, click here. If you would like some idea of how the Kings will react, read this post.
The next two videos should cover all the bases, at least as far as goals in this game.
First, Setoguchi’s game-winner:
If that’s not enough, watch all the highlights:
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63