Apr 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
While the San Jose Sharks will receive plenty of recognition as a team, Devin Setoguchi‘s overtime clincher is the iconic moment. It was a thrilling goal that put the ideal exclamation point on an unthinkable comeback. In other words, this is perfect material for those “History is Made” spots.
On a night that the Sharks showed how dangerous they can be now that their offense has other options, it only seems fitting that Devin Setoguchi scored the goal to earn his first point of the series.
Now Setoguchi will be a minor celebrity in both San Jose and Los Angeles, especially if the Sharks win this series. For a full recap of the Sharks’ stunning 6-5 OT win, click here. If you would like some idea of how the Kings will react, read this post.
The next two videos should cover all the bases, at least as far as goals in this game.
First, Setoguchi’s game-winner:
If that’s not enough, watch all the highlights:
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)