Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Late news out of Arizona as the Red Wings will have to make due in Game 4 without Johan Franzen. Franzen is a late scratch against the Coyotes as the Red Wings look to sweep the Coyotes out of the playoffs.
Taking Franzen’s spot in the starting lineup tonight is the veteran Mike Modano. Modano has been a healthy scratch for the previous three games in the series and he’s got a special opportunity to knock out his former head coach’s current team from the playoffs. Modano played for Dave Tippett while Tippett coached the Dallas Stars.
For Modano, he joined the Red Wings in the offseason to help the team try and win a Stanley Cup. He’ll get his shot to do his part to help the Red Wings advance to the second round.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)