Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Late news out of Arizona as the Red Wings will have to make due in Game 4 without Johan Franzen. Franzen is a late scratch against the Coyotes as the Red Wings look to sweep the Coyotes out of the playoffs.
Taking Franzen’s spot in the starting lineup tonight is the veteran Mike Modano. Modano has been a healthy scratch for the previous three games in the series and he’s got a special opportunity to knock out his former head coach’s current team from the playoffs. Modano played for Dave Tippett while Tippett coached the Dallas Stars.
For Modano, he joined the Red Wings in the offseason to help the team try and win a Stanley Cup. He’ll get his shot to do his part to help the Red Wings advance to the second round.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)