Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Late news out of Arizona as the Red Wings will have to make due in Game 4 without Johan Franzen. Franzen is a late scratch against the Coyotes as the Red Wings look to sweep the Coyotes out of the playoffs.
Taking Franzen’s spot in the starting lineup tonight is the veteran Mike Modano. Modano has been a healthy scratch for the previous three games in the series and he’s got a special opportunity to knock out his former head coach’s current team from the playoffs. Modano played for Dave Tippett while Tippett coached the Dallas Stars.
For Modano, he joined the Red Wings in the offseason to help the team try and win a Stanley Cup. He’ll get his shot to do his part to help the Red Wings advance to the second round.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 19
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 18
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 28
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)