Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Late news out of Arizona as the Red Wings will have to make due in Game 4 without Johan Franzen. Franzen is a late scratch against the Coyotes as the Red Wings look to sweep the Coyotes out of the playoffs.
Taking Franzen’s spot in the starting lineup tonight is the veteran Mike Modano. Modano has been a healthy scratch for the previous three games in the series and he’s got a special opportunity to knock out his former head coach’s current team from the playoffs. Modano played for Dave Tippett while Tippett coached the Dallas Stars.
For Modano, he joined the Red Wings in the offseason to help the team try and win a Stanley Cup. He’ll get his shot to do his part to help the Red Wings advance to the second round.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)