Apr 20, 2011, 9:04 PM EST
One guy is an imposing figure on the ice with a penchant for slugging it out with some of the league’s biggest fighters. The other is a skilled defenseman who apparently has a knack for fighting Viktor Stalberg when his team is getting blown out in the playoffs.
Before yesterday’s Game 4 between the teams, we heard about Scott being inserted into the lineup to take the spot of Brent Seabrook. Seabrook was missing the game after feeling banged up after taking a wicked and questionable hit from Raffi Torres. Bieksa’s thoughts on Scott being put in the lineup were awfully blunt.
“When a guy 6-8 challenges you that can’t skate? Usually you say no and you go around him and score,” Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa said Sunday morning, when asked about John Scott’s arrival in the Hawks’ lineup. “That’s what usually you do.”
Of course, when you talk big like that it helps to actually back it up. In a 7-2 Chicago win over Vancouver, Bieksa was an immediate goat after Bryan Bickell did to him what Bieksa said forwards do to Scott in scoring the first goal of the game.
After such an embarrassing display, you’d better believe that John Scott took immediate notice of that after the game as Jim Jamieson of The White Towel shared.
“Oh, Bieksa, what a joke. The guy was talking about how I was getting walked wide and then he gets beat wide the first shift of the game. I guess he needs to take skating lessons, not me.”
Jamieson also caught up with Bieksa to see if he had anything further to offer. Consider the table set for Game 5 in a big way.
“I was told when I was a rookie and a guy who wasn’t playing much to not bother the regulars,” said Bieksa. “That’s the advice he should take: Don’t bother the regulars.”
Bieksa might as well have told him to go get his shinebox.
While it’s shaping up that Seabrook may return for Game 5, we’d be liars if we said we weren’t hoping to see Scott out there for one more game just to see if he and Bieksa might get to say hello to each other on the ice instead of off it.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 22
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 31
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)