Apr 19, 2011, 5:57 PM EDT
Chicago is up against it in a bad way tonight. The defending champs are down 3-0 in their first round series against the West’s top seeded Vancouver Canucks and while the Blackhawks have had their opportunities, the Canucks have just been better at everything all series long.
Tonight the Blackhawks get Dave Bolland back into the lineup while they’ll be without Brent Seabrook on defense. That means John Scott will likely go from a poor distraction in front of Roberto Luongo and go back to being on the blue line and try to keep the peace around Corey Crawford. If the Blackhawks are going to suck up some pride tonight they’ll have to be a lot better at just about everything.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down what they think needs to happen. Don’t worry about J.R. though, we think he can cope having the Hawks on the brink.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)