Apr 19, 2011, 5:57 PM EDT
Chicago is up against it in a bad way tonight. The defending champs are down 3-0 in their first round series against the West’s top seeded Vancouver Canucks and while the Blackhawks have had their opportunities, the Canucks have just been better at everything all series long.
Tonight the Blackhawks get Dave Bolland back into the lineup while they’ll be without Brent Seabrook on defense. That means John Scott will likely go from a poor distraction in front of Roberto Luongo and go back to being on the blue line and try to keep the peace around Corey Crawford. If the Blackhawks are going to suck up some pride tonight they’ll have to be a lot better at just about everything.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down what they think needs to happen. Don’t worry about J.R. though, we think he can cope having the Hawks on the brink.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22