Apr 19, 2011, 5:57 PM EST
Chicago is up against it in a bad way tonight. The defending champs are down 3-0 in their first round series against the West’s top seeded Vancouver Canucks and while the Blackhawks have had their opportunities, the Canucks have just been better at everything all series long.
Tonight the Blackhawks get Dave Bolland back into the lineup while they’ll be without Brent Seabrook on defense. That means John Scott will likely go from a poor distraction in front of Roberto Luongo and go back to being on the blue line and try to keep the peace around Corey Crawford. If the Blackhawks are going to suck up some pride tonight they’ll have to be a lot better at just about everything.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down what they think needs to happen. Don’t worry about J.R. though, we think he can cope having the Hawks on the brink.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)