Apr 19, 2011, 5:57 PM EDT
Chicago is up against it in a bad way tonight. The defending champs are down 3-0 in their first round series against the West’s top seeded Vancouver Canucks and while the Blackhawks have had their opportunities, the Canucks have just been better at everything all series long.
Tonight the Blackhawks get Dave Bolland back into the lineup while they’ll be without Brent Seabrook on defense. That means John Scott will likely go from a poor distraction in front of Roberto Luongo and go back to being on the blue line and try to keep the peace around Corey Crawford. If the Blackhawks are going to suck up some pride tonight they’ll have to be a lot better at just about everything.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down what they think needs to happen. Don’t worry about J.R. though, we think he can cope having the Hawks on the brink.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 23
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (110)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)