Apr 18, 2011, 7:40 PM EST
If you’re watching Boston-Montreal Game 3 tonight and there’s a very large man in white being booed every time he gets the puck, it’s Zdeno Chara. After missing Game 2 with dehydration issues, Chara is back in the lineup tonight to try and lead the Bruins back into the series against the Canadiens.
With Boston down 2-0 in the series, they’ll need Chara’s presence on the ice and they’ll need him to be very good as well. The Bruins need a lift in the worst way and Chara is the guy to spark that. Defenseman Shane Hnidy sits back down after taking Chara’s spot in the lineup in Game 2.
If Chara’s return can’t lead Boston to a win tonight, it sets up for a very disappointing Game 4 in Montreal on Thursday night.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11