Apr 18, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
If you’re watching Boston-Montreal Game 3 tonight and there’s a very large man in white being booed every time he gets the puck, it’s Zdeno Chara. After missing Game 2 with dehydration issues, Chara is back in the lineup tonight to try and lead the Bruins back into the series against the Canadiens.
With Boston down 2-0 in the series, they’ll need Chara’s presence on the ice and they’ll need him to be very good as well. The Bruins need a lift in the worst way and Chara is the guy to spark that. Defenseman Shane Hnidy sits back down after taking Chara’s spot in the lineup in Game 2.
If Chara’s return can’t lead Boston to a win tonight, it sets up for a very disappointing Game 4 in Montreal on Thursday night.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (155)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (57)