Apr 18, 2011, 7:40 PM EST
If you’re watching Boston-Montreal Game 3 tonight and there’s a very large man in white being booed every time he gets the puck, it’s Zdeno Chara. After missing Game 2 with dehydration issues, Chara is back in the lineup tonight to try and lead the Bruins back into the series against the Canadiens.
With Boston down 2-0 in the series, they’ll need Chara’s presence on the ice and they’ll need him to be very good as well. The Bruins need a lift in the worst way and Chara is the guy to spark that. Defenseman Shane Hnidy sits back down after taking Chara’s spot in the lineup in Game 2.
If Chara’s return can’t lead Boston to a win tonight, it sets up for a very disappointing Game 4 in Montreal on Thursday night.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 16
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7