Apr 18, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
If you’re watching Boston-Montreal Game 3 tonight and there’s a very large man in white being booed every time he gets the puck, it’s Zdeno Chara. After missing Game 2 with dehydration issues, Chara is back in the lineup tonight to try and lead the Bruins back into the series against the Canadiens.
With Boston down 2-0 in the series, they’ll need Chara’s presence on the ice and they’ll need him to be very good as well. The Bruins need a lift in the worst way and Chara is the guy to spark that. Defenseman Shane Hnidy sits back down after taking Chara’s spot in the lineup in Game 2.
If Chara’s return can’t lead Boston to a win tonight, it sets up for a very disappointing Game 4 in Montreal on Thursday night.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)