Apr 18, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
If you’re watching Boston-Montreal Game 3 tonight and there’s a very large man in white being booed every time he gets the puck, it’s Zdeno Chara. After missing Game 2 with dehydration issues, Chara is back in the lineup tonight to try and lead the Bruins back into the series against the Canadiens.
With Boston down 2-0 in the series, they’ll need Chara’s presence on the ice and they’ll need him to be very good as well. The Bruins need a lift in the worst way and Chara is the guy to spark that. Defenseman Shane Hnidy sits back down after taking Chara’s spot in the lineup in Game 2.
If Chara’s return can’t lead Boston to a win tonight, it sets up for a very disappointing Game 4 in Montreal on Thursday night.
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 9
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 1
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)