Apr 18, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
While Boston Bruins coach Claude Julien stopped short of saying that Zdeno Chara is a sure thing for tonight’s Game 3 against the Montreal Canadiens, Joe Haggerty reports that the hulking defenseman looked much better during today’s morning skate.
Chara played in Game 1 but was sidelined during Saturday’s Game 2 loss with severe dehydration. Haggerty passes along word from Mark Recchi that Chara probably was dealing with cold or flu-like symptoms (or a “bug”), which forced him to visit a hospital.
As serious as dehydration can be in the backdrop of a high-level playoff game, it was a bit surprising that Chara missed Game 2. He’s still a game-time decision for tonight’s match, but considering Boston’s 2-0 hole, it would be even more stunning if their crucial defenseman sits out this game.
We’ll keep you up to date about his status either way, though.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)