Apr 17, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
After riding a dominant Roberto Luongo performance for a tightly-matched Game 1 win, the Vancouver Canucks took a 2-0 series lead in a wild Game 2 win against the Chicago Blackhawks. While the Blackhawks showed that they might be able to skate with the NHL’s best regular season team, the Canucks still accomplished their goal of holding serve at home.
Luongo’s 32-save shutout carried the Canucks to that first win, but the team’s Hart Trophy frontrunner Daniel Sedin powered the Game 2 victory. Daniel scored two goals – one on an uncanny deflection, the other with a great shot – and also added an assist while his twin brother Henrik had two helpers of his own.
While the Canucks have some great talent beyond the Sedin twins (most notably Ryan Kesler, their resident Selke Trophy candidate), the team will likely go as far as those Swedish brothers will take them.
Mike Milbury and Liam McHugh discuss Vancouver’s successful start and the Sedins’ near-telepathic connection in the video below.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)