Apr 17, 2011, 6:06 PM EDT
The second period between New York and Washington ended on a wildly controversial note as Ruslan Fedotenko thought he scored the go-ahead goal past Michal Neuvirth to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead heading into the third period.
With the play happening as time ran out, it had to go to replay and the Toronto war room ruled that the puck did not cross the line before time ran out. Rangers fans were incredulous that that was the case, but as it turns out it’s the truth.
We’ve got NBC’s video from the incident in question now with an overhead view with the clock to prove what went down.
The NHL doing their due diligence to show that there’s no reason to break out the tinfoil hats if you’re a Rangers fan or generally distrust authority that comes from war rooms, the NHL’s Senior Director of Hockey Operations Damian Echevarrieta explains what went down with this play. Have a look at his explanation.
It’s good to see the NHL be transparent about these reviews when fans are at their most rabid and prone to going out of their mind and even more so with games and playoff future hinging upon getting these calls right no matter what.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)