Apr 17, 2011, 6:06 PM EST
The second period between New York and Washington ended on a wildly controversial note as Ruslan Fedotenko thought he scored the go-ahead goal past Michal Neuvirth to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead heading into the third period.
With the play happening as time ran out, it had to go to replay and the Toronto war room ruled that the puck did not cross the line before time ran out. Rangers fans were incredulous that that was the case, but as it turns out it’s the truth.
We’ve got NBC’s video from the incident in question now with an overhead view with the clock to prove what went down.
The NHL doing their due diligence to show that there’s no reason to break out the tinfoil hats if you’re a Rangers fan or generally distrust authority that comes from war rooms, the NHL’s Senior Director of Hockey Operations Damian Echevarrieta explains what went down with this play. Have a look at his explanation.
It’s good to see the NHL be transparent about these reviews when fans are at their most rabid and prone to going out of their mind and even more so with games and playoff future hinging upon getting these calls right no matter what.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)