Apr 17, 2011, 6:06 PM EDT
The second period between New York and Washington ended on a wildly controversial note as Ruslan Fedotenko thought he scored the go-ahead goal past Michal Neuvirth to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead heading into the third period.
With the play happening as time ran out, it had to go to replay and the Toronto war room ruled that the puck did not cross the line before time ran out. Rangers fans were incredulous that that was the case, but as it turns out it’s the truth.
We’ve got NBC’s video from the incident in question now with an overhead view with the clock to prove what went down.
The NHL doing their due diligence to show that there’s no reason to break out the tinfoil hats if you’re a Rangers fan or generally distrust authority that comes from war rooms, the NHL’s Senior Director of Hockey Operations Damian Echevarrieta explains what went down with this play. Have a look at his explanation.
It’s good to see the NHL be transparent about these reviews when fans are at their most rabid and prone to going out of their mind and even more so with games and playoff future hinging upon getting these calls right no matter what.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)