Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
After not feeling himself during Thursday’s Game 1 loss against the Montreal Canadiens, Zdeno Chara decided to check into a Boston area hospital on Friday. The Boston Herald reports that the Bruins defenseman ended up being hospitalized with dehydration, while the team wouldn’t speculate as to whether or not he’ll play in tonight’s pivotal Game 2 against the Habs.
One anonymous Bruins source expects him to play, though, telling the Herald that he probably would play even after getting hit by a bus.
It might sound weird to call a Game 2 a huge game, but it might be fatal for the Bruins’ playoffs hopes to go down 2-0 as the series shifts to Montreal. There’s a chance that Chara will be game-time decision, but if we hear anything definitive regarding his status sometime before the 7 pm ET start time, we’ll let you know.
If I had to speculate, I’d say that Chara will play in Game 2, but maybe the Bruins might dial down his big minutes just a tad.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9