Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
After not feeling himself during Thursday’s Game 1 loss against the Montreal Canadiens, Zdeno Chara decided to check into a Boston area hospital on Friday. The Boston Herald reports that the Bruins defenseman ended up being hospitalized with dehydration, while the team wouldn’t speculate as to whether or not he’ll play in tonight’s pivotal Game 2 against the Habs.
One anonymous Bruins source expects him to play, though, telling the Herald that he probably would play even after getting hit by a bus.
It might sound weird to call a Game 2 a huge game, but it might be fatal for the Bruins’ playoffs hopes to go down 2-0 as the series shifts to Montreal. There’s a chance that Chara will be game-time decision, but if we hear anything definitive regarding his status sometime before the 7 pm ET start time, we’ll let you know.
If I had to speculate, I’d say that Chara will play in Game 2, but maybe the Bruins might dial down his big minutes just a tad.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)