Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
After not feeling himself during Thursday’s Game 1 loss against the Montreal Canadiens, Zdeno Chara decided to check into a Boston area hospital on Friday. The Boston Herald reports that the Bruins defenseman ended up being hospitalized with dehydration, while the team wouldn’t speculate as to whether or not he’ll play in tonight’s pivotal Game 2 against the Habs.
One anonymous Bruins source expects him to play, though, telling the Herald that he probably would play even after getting hit by a bus.
It might sound weird to call a Game 2 a huge game, but it might be fatal for the Bruins’ playoffs hopes to go down 2-0 as the series shifts to Montreal. There’s a chance that Chara will be game-time decision, but if we hear anything definitive regarding his status sometime before the 7 pm ET start time, we’ll let you know.
If I had to speculate, I’d say that Chara will play in Game 2, but maybe the Bruins might dial down his big minutes just a tad.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)