Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
After not feeling himself during Thursday’s Game 1 loss against the Montreal Canadiens, Zdeno Chara decided to check into a Boston area hospital on Friday. The Boston Herald reports that the Bruins defenseman ended up being hospitalized with dehydration, while the team wouldn’t speculate as to whether or not he’ll play in tonight’s pivotal Game 2 against the Habs.
One anonymous Bruins source expects him to play, though, telling the Herald that he probably would play even after getting hit by a bus.
It might sound weird to call a Game 2 a huge game, but it might be fatal for the Bruins’ playoffs hopes to go down 2-0 as the series shifts to Montreal. There’s a chance that Chara will be game-time decision, but if we hear anything definitive regarding his status sometime before the 7 pm ET start time, we’ll let you know.
If I had to speculate, I’d say that Chara will play in Game 2, but maybe the Bruins might dial down his big minutes just a tad.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5