Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
After not feeling himself during Thursday’s Game 1 loss against the Montreal Canadiens, Zdeno Chara decided to check into a Boston area hospital on Friday. The Boston Herald reports that the Bruins defenseman ended up being hospitalized with dehydration, while the team wouldn’t speculate as to whether or not he’ll play in tonight’s pivotal Game 2 against the Habs.
One anonymous Bruins source expects him to play, though, telling the Herald that he probably would play even after getting hit by a bus.
It might sound weird to call a Game 2 a huge game, but it might be fatal for the Bruins’ playoffs hopes to go down 2-0 as the series shifts to Montreal. There’s a chance that Chara will be game-time decision, but if we hear anything definitive regarding his status sometime before the 7 pm ET start time, we’ll let you know.
If I had to speculate, I’d say that Chara will play in Game 2, but maybe the Bruins might dial down his big minutes just a tad.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)