Apr 16, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk is a dangling magician, that much we already knew.
What we didn’t know is that he could have the time and space necessary to do some of his greatest tricks in the middle of the NHL playoffs.
He was able to do just that this afternoon in the first period of the Wings’ game against Phoenix in Game 2 of their first round playoff series. Datsyuk already had a goal and an assist when he broke in on the right wing side. Carrying the puck on his backhand, Datsyuk readjusted and shot the puck from between his own legs on Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov stayed cool and made the save but Darren Helm crashed the net and scored to give Detroit a 3-0 lead.
Words don’t do it justice so you’ll just have to watch the video.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (147)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)