Apr 16, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
During intermission of today’s game between the Red Wings and Coyotes, Liam McHugh and Mike Milbury took a closer look at the Washington Capitals.
With the Capitals up 2-0 in their series with the New York Rangers and only having given up one goal in two games, they’re looking very strong and very much like a Stanley Cup challenging team. Mike Milbury takes it a step further and says that they’re the team to beat in the playoffs.
With Michal Neuvirth playing strong in goal and Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scoring goals to go along with their new defensively strong team, they’re looking more and more like a team that could lift the Cup in June.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)