Apr 16, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
During intermission of today’s game between the Red Wings and Coyotes, Liam McHugh and Mike Milbury took a closer look at the Washington Capitals.
With the Capitals up 2-0 in their series with the New York Rangers and only having given up one goal in two games, they’re looking very strong and very much like a Stanley Cup challenging team. Mike Milbury takes it a step further and says that they’re the team to beat in the playoffs.
With Michal Neuvirth playing strong in goal and Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scoring goals to go along with their new defensively strong team, they’re looking more and more like a team that could lift the Cup in June.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)