Apr 16, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
During intermission of today’s game between the Red Wings and Coyotes, Liam McHugh and Mike Milbury took a closer look at the Washington Capitals.
With the Capitals up 2-0 in their series with the New York Rangers and only having given up one goal in two games, they’re looking very strong and very much like a Stanley Cup challenging team. Mike Milbury takes it a step further and says that they’re the team to beat in the playoffs.
With Michal Neuvirth playing strong in goal and Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scoring goals to go along with their new defensively strong team, they’re looking more and more like a team that could lift the Cup in June.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)