Apr 16, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
During intermission of today’s game between the Red Wings and Coyotes, Liam McHugh and Mike Milbury took a closer look at the Washington Capitals.
With the Capitals up 2-0 in their series with the New York Rangers and only having given up one goal in two games, they’re looking very strong and very much like a Stanley Cup challenging team. Mike Milbury takes it a step further and says that they’re the team to beat in the playoffs.
With Michal Neuvirth playing strong in goal and Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scoring goals to go along with their new defensively strong team, they’re looking more and more like a team that could lift the Cup in June.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 3
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2