Apr 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
Ian White is recovering from a shot to the head along the boards and while he’s not going to play tonight, he’s feeling optimistic about getting back into action soon. For White it’s especially important for him to get back as soon as he can because Game 1 was his first career playoff game. After a career that saw him change teams a few times just in the last two years going from Toronto to Calgary to Carolina and now to San Jose, finding a home on a playoff team with Cup aspirations is huge.
White tells David Pollak of Working The Corners that he can’t wait to get back and he’s feeling positive.
“I feel pretty good,” he began. “I think it’s smart to take a few days and really make sure you’re feeling 100 percent before you go back into this type of pace of hockey, but my spirit’s positive and I think I’ll be back pretty soon.”
White said his condition is improving and it’s not as if he’s in major pain.
“I don’t have blinding headaches or anything,” he said. “It’s just that something is a little off and you’ve got to give it time to heal. It’s not something that you can put some steam on it or some ice on it and it’ll heal a little faster. It just takes a few days.”
You feel bad for White because it was such an unfortunate play and for Stoll, a guy who’s never had a bad hit in his career and doesn’t play that brand of hockey, it’s very unlike him to do that. White goes on in the story to say he understands that and that the two have been in contact.
For now, the Sharks have to make due without White with either rookie Justin Braun or veteran Kent Huskins in the lineup. Huskins is more of a physical force while Braun is a bit slicker in moving the puck around. Depending on what the Sharks are looking for against L.A. they’ve got solid options between the two.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8