Apr 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
Ian White is recovering from a shot to the head along the boards and while he’s not going to play tonight, he’s feeling optimistic about getting back into action soon. For White it’s especially important for him to get back as soon as he can because Game 1 was his first career playoff game. After a career that saw him change teams a few times just in the last two years going from Toronto to Calgary to Carolina and now to San Jose, finding a home on a playoff team with Cup aspirations is huge.
White tells David Pollak of Working The Corners that he can’t wait to get back and he’s feeling positive.
“I feel pretty good,” he began. “I think it’s smart to take a few days and really make sure you’re feeling 100 percent before you go back into this type of pace of hockey, but my spirit’s positive and I think I’ll be back pretty soon.”
White said his condition is improving and it’s not as if he’s in major pain.
“I don’t have blinding headaches or anything,” he said. “It’s just that something is a little off and you’ve got to give it time to heal. It’s not something that you can put some steam on it or some ice on it and it’ll heal a little faster. It just takes a few days.”
You feel bad for White because it was such an unfortunate play and for Stoll, a guy who’s never had a bad hit in his career and doesn’t play that brand of hockey, it’s very unlike him to do that. White goes on in the story to say he understands that and that the two have been in contact.
For now, the Sharks have to make due without White with either rookie Justin Braun or veteran Kent Huskins in the lineup. Huskins is more of a physical force while Braun is a bit slicker in moving the puck around. Depending on what the Sharks are looking for against L.A. they’ve got solid options between the two.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 8
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 3
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 34
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 81
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 9
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (81)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness