Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Today’s Game 2 between Detroit and Phoenix from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit is a pivotal game for the Coyotes if they want to head back to the desert not down in a 2-0 hole they’ll need to be sharper than they were in Game 1.
Today’s game also has the fun and games attached to it concerning the flying cephalopods. Numerous octopi hit the ice before the start of Game 1 and again after the Wings scored in the second period leading to a potential octopus crackdown at Joe Louis Arena. If you’re not stopping in today for the hockey, you can at least stop in for the sushi.
We’ll be chatting during the game and answering your questions during NHL Extra as you can watch along with us online starting at 1 p.m.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)