Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
Today’s Game 2 between Detroit and Phoenix from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit is a pivotal game for the Coyotes if they want to head back to the desert not down in a 2-0 hole they’ll need to be sharper than they were in Game 1.
Today’s game also has the fun and games attached to it concerning the flying cephalopods. Numerous octopi hit the ice before the start of Game 1 and again after the Wings scored in the second period leading to a potential octopus crackdown at Joe Louis Arena. If you’re not stopping in today for the hockey, you can at least stop in for the sushi.
We’ll be chatting during the game and answering your questions during NHL Extra as you can watch along with us online starting at 1 p.m.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)