Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
Today’s Game 2 between Detroit and Phoenix from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit is a pivotal game for the Coyotes if they want to head back to the desert not down in a 2-0 hole they’ll need to be sharper than they were in Game 1.
Today’s game also has the fun and games attached to it concerning the flying cephalopods. Numerous octopi hit the ice before the start of Game 1 and again after the Wings scored in the second period leading to a potential octopus crackdown at Joe Louis Arena. If you’re not stopping in today for the hockey, you can at least stop in for the sushi.
We’ll be chatting during the game and answering your questions during NHL Extra as you can watch along with us online starting at 1 p.m.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 21
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)