Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
Today’s Game 2 between Detroit and Phoenix from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit is a pivotal game for the Coyotes if they want to head back to the desert not down in a 2-0 hole they’ll need to be sharper than they were in Game 1.
Today’s game also has the fun and games attached to it concerning the flying cephalopods. Numerous octopi hit the ice before the start of Game 1 and again after the Wings scored in the second period leading to a potential octopus crackdown at Joe Louis Arena. If you’re not stopping in today for the hockey, you can at least stop in for the sushi.
We’ll be chatting during the game and answering your questions during NHL Extra as you can watch along with us online starting at 1 p.m.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)