Apr 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
(Want detailed recaps of the Detroit Red Wings’ 4-3 win against the Phoenix Coyotes? Click here for period 1, here for period 2 and here for a full rundown. You may enjoy video clips of Pavel Datsyuk‘s on-ice wizardry as well as Johan Franzen‘s post-game interview, too.)
Early in the second period of the first 2011 NBC playoff game, it looked like the Red Wings were on their way to embarrassing the Coyotes after taking a 4-0 lead. Phoenix rode three power-play goals to make this game surprisingly close toward the end, but Detroit managed to come out on top.
If you didn’t get to see the game or just want a quick video summary of the contest, the first video includes highlights from Game 2. For those of you who want a little more, the second clip captures Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom‘s post-game comments.
Coyotes-Red Wings highlights:
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63