Apr 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
(Want detailed recaps of the Detroit Red Wings’ 4-3 win against the Phoenix Coyotes? Click here for period 1, here for period 2 and here for a full rundown. You may enjoy video clips of Pavel Datsyuk‘s on-ice wizardry as well as Johan Franzen‘s post-game interview, too.)
Early in the second period of the first 2011 NBC playoff game, it looked like the Red Wings were on their way to embarrassing the Coyotes after taking a 4-0 lead. Phoenix rode three power-play goals to make this game surprisingly close toward the end, but Detroit managed to come out on top.
If you didn’t get to see the game or just want a quick video summary of the contest, the first video includes highlights from Game 2. For those of you who want a little more, the second clip captures Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom‘s post-game comments.
Coyotes-Red Wings highlights:
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54