Apr 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
(Want detailed recaps of the Detroit Red Wings’ 4-3 win against the Phoenix Coyotes? Click here for period 1, here for period 2 and here for a full rundown. You may enjoy video clips of Pavel Datsyuk‘s on-ice wizardry as well as Johan Franzen‘s post-game interview, too.)
Early in the second period of the first 2011 NBC playoff game, it looked like the Red Wings were on their way to embarrassing the Coyotes after taking a 4-0 lead. Phoenix rode three power-play goals to make this game surprisingly close toward the end, but Detroit managed to come out on top.
If you didn’t get to see the game or just want a quick video summary of the contest, the first video includes highlights from Game 2. For those of you who want a little more, the second clip captures Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom‘s post-game comments.
Coyotes-Red Wings highlights:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5