Apr 15, 2011, 3:14 AM EDT
After the Capitals were able to fight through offensive adversity and beat the Rangers in Game 1 of their opening round series 2-1, the Rangers have to make some changes if they want to upend the Capitals in Game 2.
As for the Capitals, they’ve got some of their own adjustments to make as it took them until late into the third period to tie things up before Alexander Semin‘s laser beam won it in overtime.
The Hockey Central panel of Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick with Bill Patrick took a look at what they think both teams will need to do on Friday night to make amends for Game 1. Unsurprisingly, the attention needs to be paid to Henrik Lundqvist as well as Alex Ovechkin‘s efforts to get by Marc Staal.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)