Apr 15, 2011, 3:14 AM EST
After the Capitals were able to fight through offensive adversity and beat the Rangers in Game 1 of their opening round series 2-1, the Rangers have to make some changes if they want to upend the Capitals in Game 2.
As for the Capitals, they’ve got some of their own adjustments to make as it took them until late into the third period to tie things up before Alexander Semin‘s laser beam won it in overtime.
The Hockey Central panel of Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick with Bill Patrick took a look at what they think both teams will need to do on Friday night to make amends for Game 1. Unsurprisingly, the attention needs to be paid to Henrik Lundqvist as well as Alex Ovechkin‘s efforts to get by Marc Staal.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)