Apr 15, 2011, 3:14 AM EDT
After the Capitals were able to fight through offensive adversity and beat the Rangers in Game 1 of their opening round series 2-1, the Rangers have to make some changes if they want to upend the Capitals in Game 2.
As for the Capitals, they’ve got some of their own adjustments to make as it took them until late into the third period to tie things up before Alexander Semin‘s laser beam won it in overtime.
The Hockey Central panel of Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick with Bill Patrick took a look at what they think both teams will need to do on Friday night to make amends for Game 1. Unsurprisingly, the attention needs to be paid to Henrik Lundqvist as well as Alex Ovechkin‘s efforts to get by Marc Staal.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)