Apr 15, 2011, 3:14 AM EDT
After the Capitals were able to fight through offensive adversity and beat the Rangers in Game 1 of their opening round series 2-1, the Rangers have to make some changes if they want to upend the Capitals in Game 2.
As for the Capitals, they’ve got some of their own adjustments to make as it took them until late into the third period to tie things up before Alexander Semin‘s laser beam won it in overtime.
The Hockey Central panel of Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick with Bill Patrick took a look at what they think both teams will need to do on Friday night to make amends for Game 1. Unsurprisingly, the attention needs to be paid to Henrik Lundqvist as well as Alex Ovechkin‘s efforts to get by Marc Staal.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)