Apr 15, 2011, 3:14 AM EDT
After the Capitals were able to fight through offensive adversity and beat the Rangers in Game 1 of their opening round series 2-1, the Rangers have to make some changes if they want to upend the Capitals in Game 2.
As for the Capitals, they’ve got some of their own adjustments to make as it took them until late into the third period to tie things up before Alexander Semin‘s laser beam won it in overtime.
The Hockey Central panel of Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick with Bill Patrick took a look at what they think both teams will need to do on Friday night to make amends for Game 1. Unsurprisingly, the attention needs to be paid to Henrik Lundqvist as well as Alex Ovechkin‘s efforts to get by Marc Staal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5