Apr 15, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
While the Flyers and Red Wings won’t play their respective Game 2′s until Saturday, each team gave updates on a pair of important players to their Stanley Cup hopes.
Pronger is still rehabbing his broken hand and while he’s skating with the team and doing drills, but it hasn’t been healthy enough to get him into the lineup. The Flyers did well last night against Buffalo, but one missed coverage mistake by injury replacement Danny Syvret led to Patrick Kaleta‘s goal, the only one of the game.
It’s clear that Pronger’s presence would give the Flyers a huge lift defensively and help snap them back to order all around. After all, would you get caught screwing up while he’s on the bench and on the ice to bark at you? Not a chance.
As for Detroit, they’ll be without Henrik Zetterberg in Game 2 against Phoenix on Saturday at 1 p.m. on NBC. The Wings did just fine without Zetterberg in Game 1 beating the Coyotes 4-2. Getting him back in the lineup will be necessary to the team’s Stanley Cup hopes and while they were able to stay strong in Game 1, don’t expect the Coyotes to wither against the Wings.
On the upside for the Wings, Zetterberg will travel with the team to Phoenix for Games 3 and 4. While that doesn’t guarantee he’ll even play then, it means he’ll continue working out with the team and skating as he tries to get back from a knee injury.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17