Apr 15, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
While the Flyers and Red Wings won’t play their respective Game 2’s until Saturday, each team gave updates on a pair of important players to their Stanley Cup hopes.
Pronger is still rehabbing his broken hand and while he’s skating with the team and doing drills, but it hasn’t been healthy enough to get him into the lineup. The Flyers did well last night against Buffalo, but one missed coverage mistake by injury replacement Danny Syvret led to Patrick Kaleta‘s goal, the only one of the game.
It’s clear that Pronger’s presence would give the Flyers a huge lift defensively and help snap them back to order all around. After all, would you get caught screwing up while he’s on the bench and on the ice to bark at you? Not a chance.
As for Detroit, they’ll be without Henrik Zetterberg in Game 2 against Phoenix on Saturday at 1 p.m. on NBC. The Wings did just fine without Zetterberg in Game 1 beating the Coyotes 4-2. Getting him back in the lineup will be necessary to the team’s Stanley Cup hopes and while they were able to stay strong in Game 1, don’t expect the Coyotes to wither against the Wings.
On the upside for the Wings, Zetterberg will travel with the team to Phoenix for Games 3 and 4. While that doesn’t guarantee he’ll even play then, it means he’ll continue working out with the team and skating as he tries to get back from a knee injury.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)