Apr 15, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
While the Flyers and Red Wings won’t play their respective Game 2′s until Saturday, each team gave updates on a pair of important players to their Stanley Cup hopes.
Pronger is still rehabbing his broken hand and while he’s skating with the team and doing drills, but it hasn’t been healthy enough to get him into the lineup. The Flyers did well last night against Buffalo, but one missed coverage mistake by injury replacement Danny Syvret led to Patrick Kaleta‘s goal, the only one of the game.
It’s clear that Pronger’s presence would give the Flyers a huge lift defensively and help snap them back to order all around. After all, would you get caught screwing up while he’s on the bench and on the ice to bark at you? Not a chance.
As for Detroit, they’ll be without Henrik Zetterberg in Game 2 against Phoenix on Saturday at 1 p.m. on NBC. The Wings did just fine without Zetterberg in Game 1 beating the Coyotes 4-2. Getting him back in the lineup will be necessary to the team’s Stanley Cup hopes and while they were able to stay strong in Game 1, don’t expect the Coyotes to wither against the Wings.
On the upside for the Wings, Zetterberg will travel with the team to Phoenix for Games 3 and 4. While that doesn’t guarantee he’ll even play then, it means he’ll continue working out with the team and skating as he tries to get back from a knee injury.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 36
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)