Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks host the Los Angeles Kings in their first ever playoff contest tonight, with Justin Williams expected to be back in the Kings’ lineup.
Even with Williams in the fold, the Kings are the severe underdogs in this series. In addition to the Sharks roaring into the playoffs and earning the second seed in the West, Los Angeles must deal with the fact that Anze Kopitar won’t be able to suit up.
Former Sharks (and Kings, technically) forward Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones break down the two teams in the video below from Versus. Roenick rightly discusses San Jose’s strengths on offense but worries on defense while Jones breaks down the great stretch run by goalie Antti Niemi. The crew then discusses Williams’ presence as well as elite defenseman Drew Doughty‘s impact on the Kings.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63