Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks host the Los Angeles Kings in their first ever playoff contest tonight, with Justin Williams expected to be back in the Kings’ lineup.
Even with Williams in the fold, the Kings are the severe underdogs in this series. In addition to the Sharks roaring into the playoffs and earning the second seed in the West, Los Angeles must deal with the fact that Anze Kopitar won’t be able to suit up.
Former Sharks (and Kings, technically) forward Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones break down the two teams in the video below from Versus. Roenick rightly discusses San Jose’s strengths on offense but worries on defense while Jones breaks down the great stretch run by goalie Antti Niemi. The crew then discusses Williams’ presence as well as elite defenseman Drew Doughty‘s impact on the Kings.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)