Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks host the Los Angeles Kings in their first ever playoff contest tonight, with Justin Williams expected to be back in the Kings’ lineup.
Even with Williams in the fold, the Kings are the severe underdogs in this series. In addition to the Sharks roaring into the playoffs and earning the second seed in the West, Los Angeles must deal with the fact that Anze Kopitar won’t be able to suit up.
Former Sharks (and Kings, technically) forward Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones break down the two teams in the video below from Versus. Roenick rightly discusses San Jose’s strengths on offense but worries on defense while Jones breaks down the great stretch run by goalie Antti Niemi. The crew then discusses Williams’ presence as well as elite defenseman Drew Doughty‘s impact on the Kings.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11