Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks host the Los Angeles Kings in their first ever playoff contest tonight, with Justin Williams expected to be back in the Kings’ lineup.
Even with Williams in the fold, the Kings are the severe underdogs in this series. In addition to the Sharks roaring into the playoffs and earning the second seed in the West, Los Angeles must deal with the fact that Anze Kopitar won’t be able to suit up.
Former Sharks (and Kings, technically) forward Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones break down the two teams in the video below from Versus. Roenick rightly discusses San Jose’s strengths on offense but worries on defense while Jones breaks down the great stretch run by goalie Antti Niemi. The crew then discusses Williams’ presence as well as elite defenseman Drew Doughty‘s impact on the Kings.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)