Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks host the Los Angeles Kings in their first ever playoff contest tonight, with Justin Williams expected to be back in the Kings’ lineup.
Even with Williams in the fold, the Kings are the severe underdogs in this series. In addition to the Sharks roaring into the playoffs and earning the second seed in the West, Los Angeles must deal with the fact that Anze Kopitar won’t be able to suit up.
Former Sharks (and Kings, technically) forward Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones break down the two teams in the video below from Versus. Roenick rightly discusses San Jose’s strengths on offense but worries on defense while Jones breaks down the great stretch run by goalie Antti Niemi. The crew then discusses Williams’ presence as well as elite defenseman Drew Doughty‘s impact on the Kings.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 8
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 41
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45