Apr 14, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Unfortunately real life can be ugly to talk about. Former Leafs/Habs/Sharks star Vincent Damphousse was arraigned on six charges of domestic abuse today for allegedly assaulting his wife Allana Henderson between the years 2008 and 2011.
Damphousse did not appear for his hearing and will be back in court over the summer. With any situations like this you always wait for the full story to come out before damning anyone but this obviously looks ugly for Damphousse. Domestic abuse is awful and for things to get to the point where the police get involved looks even worse. Here’s to hoping that Damphousse and his wife can get the help they need.
During his NHL career with four different teams, Damphousse was a solid scorer and ended his career with 1,205 points after playing 1,378 games with the Maple Leafs, Oilers, Canadiens, and Sharks. Damphousse retired from the NHL in 2005 before the league returned from the lockout.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 5
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 36
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 25
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)