Apr 14, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Unfortunately real life can be ugly to talk about. Former Leafs/Habs/Sharks star Vincent Damphousse was arraigned on six charges of domestic abuse today for allegedly assaulting his wife Allana Henderson between the years 2008 and 2011.
Damphousse did not appear for his hearing and will be back in court over the summer. With any situations like this you always wait for the full story to come out before damning anyone but this obviously looks ugly for Damphousse. Domestic abuse is awful and for things to get to the point where the police get involved looks even worse. Here’s to hoping that Damphousse and his wife can get the help they need.
During his NHL career with four different teams, Damphousse was a solid scorer and ended his career with 1,205 points after playing 1,378 games with the Maple Leafs, Oilers, Canadiens, and Sharks. Damphousse retired from the NHL in 2005 before the league returned from the lockout.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6