Apr 14, 2011, 6:35 PM EST
Unfortunately real life can be ugly to talk about. Former Leafs/Habs/Sharks star Vincent Damphousse was arraigned on six charges of domestic abuse today for allegedly assaulting his wife Allana Henderson between the years 2008 and 2011.
Damphousse did not appear for his hearing and will be back in court over the summer. With any situations like this you always wait for the full story to come out before damning anyone but this obviously looks ugly for Damphousse. Domestic abuse is awful and for things to get to the point where the police get involved looks even worse. Here’s to hoping that Damphousse and his wife can get the help they need.
During his NHL career with four different teams, Damphousse was a solid scorer and ended his career with 1,205 points after playing 1,378 games with the Maple Leafs, Oilers, Canadiens, and Sharks. Damphousse retired from the NHL in 2005 before the league returned from the lockout.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 24
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 60
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)