Apr 14, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Unfortunately real life can be ugly to talk about. Former Leafs/Habs/Sharks star Vincent Damphousse was arraigned on six charges of domestic abuse today for allegedly assaulting his wife Allana Henderson between the years 2008 and 2011.
Damphousse did not appear for his hearing and will be back in court over the summer. With any situations like this you always wait for the full story to come out before damning anyone but this obviously looks ugly for Damphousse. Domestic abuse is awful and for things to get to the point where the police get involved looks even worse. Here’s to hoping that Damphousse and his wife can get the help they need.
During his NHL career with four different teams, Damphousse was a solid scorer and ended his career with 1,205 points after playing 1,378 games with the Maple Leafs, Oilers, Canadiens, and Sharks. Damphousse retired from the NHL in 2005 before the league returned from the lockout.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 0
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 4
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 12
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 23
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 31
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 102
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)