Apr 14, 2011, 6:35 PM EST
Unfortunately real life can be ugly to talk about. Former Leafs/Habs/Sharks star Vincent Damphousse was arraigned on six charges of domestic abuse today for allegedly assaulting his wife Allana Henderson between the years 2008 and 2011.
Damphousse did not appear for his hearing and will be back in court over the summer. With any situations like this you always wait for the full story to come out before damning anyone but this obviously looks ugly for Damphousse. Domestic abuse is awful and for things to get to the point where the police get involved looks even worse. Here’s to hoping that Damphousse and his wife can get the help they need.
During his NHL career with four different teams, Damphousse was a solid scorer and ended his career with 1,205 points after playing 1,378 games with the Maple Leafs, Oilers, Canadiens, and Sharks. Damphousse retired from the NHL in 2005 before the league returned from the lockout.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)