Apr 13, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
It’s become the annual rite of the Western Conference playoffs to have Chicago and Vancouver face off in the playoffs. The last two years these two teams played we saw the Blackhawks unceremoniously bounce the Canucks out of the postseason while frustrating Roberto Luongo in the process.
This time around, Vancouver is the heavy favorite and being armed to the teeth with the likes of Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, and Ryan Kesler to combat Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Patrick Sharp points-wise helps them immensely. More importantly, Vancouver is playing it tough as a team both on the ice and in their own heads.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look at how these two teams stack up against each other heading into Game 1 tonight at 10 p.m. ET on Versus.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)