Apr 13, 2011, 4:31 PM EST
It’s become the annual rite of the Western Conference playoffs to have Chicago and Vancouver face off in the playoffs. The last two years these two teams played we saw the Blackhawks unceremoniously bounce the Canucks out of the postseason while frustrating Roberto Luongo in the process.
This time around, Vancouver is the heavy favorite and being armed to the teeth with the likes of Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, and Ryan Kesler to combat Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Patrick Sharp points-wise helps them immensely. More importantly, Vancouver is playing it tough as a team both on the ice and in their own heads.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look at how these two teams stack up against each other heading into Game 1 tonight at 10 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)