Apr 13, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
It’s become the annual rite of the Western Conference playoffs to have Chicago and Vancouver face off in the playoffs. The last two years these two teams played we saw the Blackhawks unceremoniously bounce the Canucks out of the postseason while frustrating Roberto Luongo in the process.
This time around, Vancouver is the heavy favorite and being armed to the teeth with the likes of Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, and Ryan Kesler to combat Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Patrick Sharp points-wise helps them immensely. More importantly, Vancouver is playing it tough as a team both on the ice and in their own heads.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look at how these two teams stack up against each other heading into Game 1 tonight at 10 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)