Apr 13, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
It’s become the annual rite of the Western Conference playoffs to have Chicago and Vancouver face off in the playoffs. The last two years these two teams played we saw the Blackhawks unceremoniously bounce the Canucks out of the postseason while frustrating Roberto Luongo in the process.
This time around, Vancouver is the heavy favorite and being armed to the teeth with the likes of Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, and Ryan Kesler to combat Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Patrick Sharp points-wise helps them immensely. More importantly, Vancouver is playing it tough as a team both on the ice and in their own heads.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look at how these two teams stack up against each other heading into Game 1 tonight at 10 p.m. ET on Versus.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31