Apr 13, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
It’s become the annual rite of the Western Conference playoffs to have Chicago and Vancouver face off in the playoffs. The last two years these two teams played we saw the Blackhawks unceremoniously bounce the Canucks out of the postseason while frustrating Roberto Luongo in the process.
This time around, Vancouver is the heavy favorite and being armed to the teeth with the likes of Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, and Ryan Kesler to combat Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Patrick Sharp points-wise helps them immensely. More importantly, Vancouver is playing it tough as a team both on the ice and in their own heads.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look at how these two teams stack up against each other heading into Game 1 tonight at 10 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5