Apr 13, 2011, 5:24 PM EST
It’s a rematch of last year’s first round playoff where Detroit deposed of Phoenix in seven games. The only different this time around is that Detroit is rolling with home ice advantage. There’s also that little matter of Henrik Zetterberg being out with a knee injury for the start of the series. If there was ever a time for Phoenix to go into Detroit and get a jump on the Red Wings, tonight would be it.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down Game 1 of this series with Liam McHugh to see how they see things going tonight when these two teams take to the ice at Joe Louis Arena at 7 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46