Apr 13, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
It’s a rematch of last year’s first round playoff where Detroit deposed of Phoenix in seven games. The only different this time around is that Detroit is rolling with home ice advantage. There’s also that little matter of Henrik Zetterberg being out with a knee injury for the start of the series. If there was ever a time for Phoenix to go into Detroit and get a jump on the Red Wings, tonight would be it.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down Game 1 of this series with Liam McHugh to see how they see things going tonight when these two teams take to the ice at Joe Louis Arena at 7 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63