Apr 13, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
It’s a rematch of last year’s first round playoff where Detroit deposed of Phoenix in seven games. The only different this time around is that Detroit is rolling with home ice advantage. There’s also that little matter of Henrik Zetterberg being out with a knee injury for the start of the series. If there was ever a time for Phoenix to go into Detroit and get a jump on the Red Wings, tonight would be it.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down Game 1 of this series with Liam McHugh to see how they see things going tonight when these two teams take to the ice at Joe Louis Arena at 7 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40