Apr 13, 2011, 5:24 PM EST
It’s a rematch of last year’s first round playoff where Detroit deposed of Phoenix in seven games. The only different this time around is that Detroit is rolling with home ice advantage. There’s also that little matter of Henrik Zetterberg being out with a knee injury for the start of the series. If there was ever a time for Phoenix to go into Detroit and get a jump on the Red Wings, tonight would be it.
Versus analysts Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick break down Game 1 of this series with Liam McHugh to see how they see things going tonight when these two teams take to the ice at Joe Louis Arena at 7 p.m. ET on Versus.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 12
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 9
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8