Apr 12, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Every once in a while, we run into poll results that are almost a bit … curious. It’s not that those goals are ever inferior by any means, there are just times when you see one guy run away with the voting and think “Huh, did something happen behind the scenes?”
Perhaps it’s fitting that the final weekly goal award is an example of this. Nathan Gerbe scored a true beauty of a spinning backhand goal, but it’s surprising that the diminutive Buffalo Sabres forward dominated so starkly. Especially with other great choices, such as T.J. Oshie‘s sliding-on-his-knees goal.
Want to see what all the fuss is about? Check out video of his winning goal below.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 3
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 93
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (94)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)