Apr 12, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Every once in a while, we run into poll results that are almost a bit … curious. It’s not that those goals are ever inferior by any means, there are just times when you see one guy run away with the voting and think “Huh, did something happen behind the scenes?”
Perhaps it’s fitting that the final weekly goal award is an example of this. Nathan Gerbe scored a true beauty of a spinning backhand goal, but it’s surprising that the diminutive Buffalo Sabres forward dominated so starkly. Especially with other great choices, such as T.J. Oshie‘s sliding-on-his-knees goal.
Want to see what all the fuss is about? Check out video of his winning goal below.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8