Apr 12, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Every once in a while, we run into poll results that are almost a bit … curious. It’s not that those goals are ever inferior by any means, there are just times when you see one guy run away with the voting and think “Huh, did something happen behind the scenes?”
Perhaps it’s fitting that the final weekly goal award is an example of this. Nathan Gerbe scored a true beauty of a spinning backhand goal, but it’s surprising that the diminutive Buffalo Sabres forward dominated so starkly. Especially with other great choices, such as T.J. Oshie‘s sliding-on-his-knees goal.
Want to see what all the fuss is about? Check out video of his winning goal below.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27