Apr 12, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Like we discussed with Nathan Gerbe’s Goal of the Week win, sometimes these voting results are a bit perplexing. One goal or save seems like one of the best clips of the season, but it doesn’t even win the weekly award. Meanwhile, a relatively normal feat ends up running away with the results.
Thankfully, the right goalie won Save of the Week for the final week of the 2010-11 season. Ilya Bryzgalov made the kind of save that could get some consideration for the best of the entire campaign, but he barely beat Tuukka Rask for April 4-10. To be fair, Rask’s save was pretty amazing in its own right, but the appropriate winner is Bryzgalov. Check out the results in the poll below.
Watch video of Bryzgalov’s Save of the Week below.
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)