Apr 12, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Like we discussed with Nathan Gerbe’s Goal of the Week win, sometimes these voting results are a bit perplexing. One goal or save seems like one of the best clips of the season, but it doesn’t even win the weekly award. Meanwhile, a relatively normal feat ends up running away with the results.
Thankfully, the right goalie won Save of the Week for the final week of the 2010-11 season. Ilya Bryzgalov made the kind of save that could get some consideration for the best of the entire campaign, but he barely beat Tuukka Rask for April 4-10. To be fair, Rask’s save was pretty amazing in its own right, but the appropriate winner is Bryzgalov. Check out the results in the poll below.
Watch video of Bryzgalov’s Save of the Week below.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)