Apr 12, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Like we discussed with Nathan Gerbe’s Goal of the Week win, sometimes these voting results are a bit perplexing. One goal or save seems like one of the best clips of the season, but it doesn’t even win the weekly award. Meanwhile, a relatively normal feat ends up running away with the results.
Thankfully, the right goalie won Save of the Week for the final week of the 2010-11 season. Ilya Bryzgalov made the kind of save that could get some consideration for the best of the entire campaign, but he barely beat Tuukka Rask for April 4-10. To be fair, Rask’s save was pretty amazing in its own right, but the appropriate winner is Bryzgalov. Check out the results in the poll below.
Watch video of Bryzgalov’s Save of the Week below.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13