Apr 10, 2011, 4:02 PM EST
While the Red Wings were busy trying to decide the rest of the Western Conference playoff picture by beating Chicago 4-3, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury were taking a look at the other teams that were locked into the playoffs in the Western Conference.
A pair of teams in particular got Pierre and Mike’s attention, the top two seeds in Vancouver and San Jose. While the Canucks have been great all season long and dominated the Western Conference en route to the Presidents’ Trophy, the Sharks rise toward the top in the West has come in the second half of the season. With great play from Antti Niemi in goal and Logan Couture and Patrick Marleau out front, things are feeling different in San Jose thanks to them.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15