Apr 10, 2011, 4:02 PM EDT
While the Red Wings were busy trying to decide the rest of the Western Conference playoff picture by beating Chicago 4-3, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury were taking a look at the other teams that were locked into the playoffs in the Western Conference.
A pair of teams in particular got Pierre and Mike’s attention, the top two seeds in Vancouver and San Jose. While the Canucks have been great all season long and dominated the Western Conference en route to the Presidents’ Trophy, the Sharks rise toward the top in the West has come in the second half of the season. With great play from Antti Niemi in goal and Logan Couture and Patrick Marleau out front, things are feeling different in San Jose thanks to them.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3