Apr 10, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
After today’s NBC Game of the Week that saw Detroit beat Chicago 4-3 and put a hurting on Chicago’s shot at the playoffs, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury got talking about a few things. While they discussed some of the things the league has to worry about regarding shots to the head and dirty hits (including one involving Justin Abdelkader on Brent Seabrook this afternoon), things really picked up when the subject changed to potential upset teams in the playoffs.
One team that’s on the radar of both Mike and Pierre are the Nashville Predators. The Preds enter the playoffs as the fifth seed and will face off against Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. The Preds have yet to win a playoff series in their history, but history is meant to be changed and both Pierre and Mike think that change is on its way this year.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8