Apr 10, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
After today’s NBC Game of the Week that saw Detroit beat Chicago 4-3 and put a hurting on Chicago’s shot at the playoffs, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury got talking about a few things. While they discussed some of the things the league has to worry about regarding shots to the head and dirty hits (including one involving Justin Abdelkader on Brent Seabrook this afternoon), things really picked up when the subject changed to potential upset teams in the playoffs.
One team that’s on the radar of both Mike and Pierre are the Nashville Predators. The Preds enter the playoffs as the fifth seed and will face off against Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. The Preds have yet to win a playoff series in their history, but history is meant to be changed and both Pierre and Mike think that change is on its way this year.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54