Apr 10, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
After today’s NBC Game of the Week that saw Detroit beat Chicago 4-3 and put a hurting on Chicago’s shot at the playoffs, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury got talking about a few things. While they discussed some of the things the league has to worry about regarding shots to the head and dirty hits (including one involving Justin Abdelkader on Brent Seabrook this afternoon), things really picked up when the subject changed to potential upset teams in the playoffs.
One team that’s on the radar of both Mike and Pierre are the Nashville Predators. The Preds enter the playoffs as the fifth seed and will face off against Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. The Preds have yet to win a playoff series in their history, but history is meant to be changed and both Pierre and Mike think that change is on its way this year.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 22
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming