Apr 10, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
After today’s NBC Game of the Week that saw Detroit beat Chicago 4-3 and put a hurting on Chicago’s shot at the playoffs, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury got talking about a few things. While they discussed some of the things the league has to worry about regarding shots to the head and dirty hits (including one involving Justin Abdelkader on Brent Seabrook this afternoon), things really picked up when the subject changed to potential upset teams in the playoffs.
One team that’s on the radar of both Mike and Pierre are the Nashville Predators. The Preds enter the playoffs as the fifth seed and will face off against Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. The Preds have yet to win a playoff series in their history, but history is meant to be changed and both Pierre and Mike think that change is on its way this year.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5