Apr 10, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
After today’s NBC Game of the Week that saw Detroit beat Chicago 4-3 and put a hurting on Chicago’s shot at the playoffs, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury got talking about a few things. While they discussed some of the things the league has to worry about regarding shots to the head and dirty hits (including one involving Justin Abdelkader on Brent Seabrook this afternoon), things really picked up when the subject changed to potential upset teams in the playoffs.
One team that’s on the radar of both Mike and Pierre are the Nashville Predators. The Preds enter the playoffs as the fifth seed and will face off against Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. The Preds have yet to win a playoff series in their history, but history is meant to be changed and both Pierre and Mike think that change is on its way this year.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7