Apr 10, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
During the first intermission of today’s NBC Game of the Week that saw Detroit deliver what could be a season-ending blow to Chicago with 4-3 win, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury broke down the Eastern Conference playoffs.
Pierre and Mike took a look at the series between Washington and New York, Buffalo and Philadelphia, Boston and Montreal, as well as Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Washington’s back on top in the East yet again but doing things a bit differently than last year. Also, the Penguins head into the playoffs without their superstars but still looking to the middle for leadership from Jordan Staal.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36