Apr 10, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
Pavel Datsyuk has the ability to make the impossible look easy when handling the puck. He’s become a legend in Detroit for saying he “likes to handle the puck and dangle dangle” (:58 seconds into this video) and every now and again he shows that it’s not all talk.
During today’s 4-3 Detroit win over Chicago, Datsyuk put on a display of his own in front of Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford. Sure, Datsyuk didn’t score on this play (he did have a goal in the game), but… Well, just look at what he was able to do with the puck in traffic while swarmed over by defensemen. Right when you think you’ve got Datsyuk covered, he’s able to get away from you.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8