Apr 10, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk has the ability to make the impossible look easy when handling the puck. He’s become a legend in Detroit for saying he “likes to handle the puck and dangle dangle” (:58 seconds into this video) and every now and again he shows that it’s not all talk.
During today’s 4-3 Detroit win over Chicago, Datsyuk put on a display of his own in front of Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford. Sure, Datsyuk didn’t score on this play (he did have a goal in the game), but… Well, just look at what he was able to do with the puck in traffic while swarmed over by defensemen. Right when you think you’ve got Datsyuk covered, he’s able to get away from you.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35