Apr 10, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk has the ability to make the impossible look easy when handling the puck. He’s become a legend in Detroit for saying he “likes to handle the puck and dangle dangle” (:58 seconds into this video) and every now and again he shows that it’s not all talk.
During today’s 4-3 Detroit win over Chicago, Datsyuk put on a display of his own in front of Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford. Sure, Datsyuk didn’t score on this play (he did have a goal in the game), but… Well, just look at what he was able to do with the puck in traffic while swarmed over by defensemen. Right when you think you’ve got Datsyuk covered, he’s able to get away from you.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 4
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7