Apr 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Chris Drury scored an absolutely outstanding goal on Saturday. It was a huge one, too, as the New York Rangers’ captain helped his team win a game that would eventually earn them the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.
I wanted to award Drury for his continued “sense of the moment,” but honestly, I just couldn’t give it to him after seeing T.J. Oshie‘s incredible goal.
Yes, it’s true that Oshie scored in a game that didn’t mean much to his team compared to his competition, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge an amazing moment. Oshie scored that goal while sliding on his knees, for goodness sakes. Check out his goal in the first video and all of Saturday’s tallies in the second clip, in case you feel the need to look for greener pastures.
Oshie’s Goal of the Night:
All of Saturday’s goals:
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)