Apr 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Chris Drury scored an absolutely outstanding goal on Saturday. It was a huge one, too, as the New York Rangers’ captain helped his team win a game that would eventually earn them the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.
I wanted to award Drury for his continued “sense of the moment,” but honestly, I just couldn’t give it to him after seeing T.J. Oshie‘s incredible goal.
Yes, it’s true that Oshie scored in a game that didn’t mean much to his team compared to his competition, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge an amazing moment. Oshie scored that goal while sliding on his knees, for goodness sakes. Check out his goal in the first video and all of Saturday’s tallies in the second clip, in case you feel the need to look for greener pastures.
Oshie’s Goal of the Night:
All of Saturday’s goals:
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)