Apr 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Chris Drury scored an absolutely outstanding goal on Saturday. It was a huge one, too, as the New York Rangers’ captain helped his team win a game that would eventually earn them the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.
I wanted to award Drury for his continued “sense of the moment,” but honestly, I just couldn’t give it to him after seeing T.J. Oshie‘s incredible goal.
Yes, it’s true that Oshie scored in a game that didn’t mean much to his team compared to his competition, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge an amazing moment. Oshie scored that goal while sliding on his knees, for goodness sakes. Check out his goal in the first video and all of Saturday’s tallies in the second clip, in case you feel the need to look for greener pastures.
Oshie’s Goal of the Night:
All of Saturday’s goals:
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8