Apr 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Chris Drury scored an absolutely outstanding goal on Saturday. It was a huge one, too, as the New York Rangers’ captain helped his team win a game that would eventually earn them the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.
I wanted to award Drury for his continued “sense of the moment,” but honestly, I just couldn’t give it to him after seeing T.J. Oshie‘s incredible goal.
Yes, it’s true that Oshie scored in a game that didn’t mean much to his team compared to his competition, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge an amazing moment. Oshie scored that goal while sliding on his knees, for goodness sakes. Check out his goal in the first video and all of Saturday’s tallies in the second clip, in case you feel the need to look for greener pastures.
Oshie’s Goal of the Night:
All of Saturday’s goals:
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (148)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)