Apr 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Chris Drury scored an absolutely outstanding goal on Saturday. It was a huge one, too, as the New York Rangers’ captain helped his team win a game that would eventually earn them the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.
I wanted to award Drury for his continued “sense of the moment,” but honestly, I just couldn’t give it to him after seeing T.J. Oshie‘s incredible goal.
Yes, it’s true that Oshie scored in a game that didn’t mean much to his team compared to his competition, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge an amazing moment. Oshie scored that goal while sliding on his knees, for goodness sakes. Check out his goal in the first video and all of Saturday’s tallies in the second clip, in case you feel the need to look for greener pastures.
Oshie’s Goal of the Night:
All of Saturday’s goals:
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9