Apr 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sooner or later people are going to start realizing what Pekka Rinne is doing down in Nashville. Once again, Rinne showed why he is one of the best goaltenders this year and should probably receive more Hart Trophy consideration than he’ll get. Where in the world would the Nashville Predators be if they didn’t have Rinne performing the way he’s played over the last few months of the season? Chances are, they wouldn’t be sitting in the 4th spot in the Western Conference and getting ready for the playoffs.
Take a look at his latest, greatest saves against the Columbus Blue Jackets. If you like what you see, tell a friend.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 5
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 45
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63