Apr 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sooner or later people are going to start realizing what Pekka Rinne is doing down in Nashville. Once again, Rinne showed why he is one of the best goaltenders this year and should probably receive more Hart Trophy consideration than he’ll get. Where in the world would the Nashville Predators be if they didn’t have Rinne performing the way he’s played over the last few months of the season? Chances are, they wouldn’t be sitting in the 4th spot in the Western Conference and getting ready for the playoffs.
Take a look at his latest, greatest saves against the Columbus Blue Jackets. If you like what you see, tell a friend.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 62
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15