Apr 9, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
Yeah… About that.
The Caps are going into the playoffs as the number one seed in the East and they’ve been able to ascend the standings thanks to great play down the stretch and the Flyers tumbling back to earth. They’ve been able to do it of late without Green though as he’s missed the last 20 games and will miss his 21st straight game tonight.
Now the Caps will have to worry about whether or not they’ll see Green come back in time to start the playoffs this week. He has been working hard to get back on the ice, but as we’ve seen with other players who have been dealing with concussions, if they’re not ready to go it’s better to err on the side of caution.
While you could reason that the Caps could escape the first round without Green’s help, their chances of winning the Stanley Cup without him aren’t as good. When he’s ready to go, the Caps will be better off… Whenever that happens.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)