Apr 9, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
Yeah… About that.
The Caps are going into the playoffs as the number one seed in the East and they’ve been able to ascend the standings thanks to great play down the stretch and the Flyers tumbling back to earth. They’ve been able to do it of late without Green though as he’s missed the last 20 games and will miss his 21st straight game tonight.
Now the Caps will have to worry about whether or not they’ll see Green come back in time to start the playoffs this week. He has been working hard to get back on the ice, but as we’ve seen with other players who have been dealing with concussions, if they’re not ready to go it’s better to err on the side of caution.
While you could reason that the Caps could escape the first round without Green’s help, their chances of winning the Stanley Cup without him aren’t as good. When he’s ready to go, the Caps will be better off… Whenever that happens.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39