Apr 9, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
Yeah… About that.
The Caps are going into the playoffs as the number one seed in the East and they’ve been able to ascend the standings thanks to great play down the stretch and the Flyers tumbling back to earth. They’ve been able to do it of late without Green though as he’s missed the last 20 games and will miss his 21st straight game tonight.
Now the Caps will have to worry about whether or not they’ll see Green come back in time to start the playoffs this week. He has been working hard to get back on the ice, but as we’ve seen with other players who have been dealing with concussions, if they’re not ready to go it’s better to err on the side of caution.
While you could reason that the Caps could escape the first round without Green’s help, their chances of winning the Stanley Cup without him aren’t as good. When he’s ready to go, the Caps will be better off… Whenever that happens.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)