Apr 9, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Yeah… About that.
The Caps are going into the playoffs as the number one seed in the East and they’ve been able to ascend the standings thanks to great play down the stretch and the Flyers tumbling back to earth. They’ve been able to do it of late without Green though as he’s missed the last 20 games and will miss his 21st straight game tonight.
Now the Caps will have to worry about whether or not they’ll see Green come back in time to start the playoffs this week. He has been working hard to get back on the ice, but as we’ve seen with other players who have been dealing with concussions, if they’re not ready to go it’s better to err on the side of caution.
While you could reason that the Caps could escape the first round without Green’s help, their chances of winning the Stanley Cup without him aren’t as good. When he’s ready to go, the Caps will be better off… Whenever that happens.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 53
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)