Apr 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The problem with the “Goal of the Night” is that our preferences will often come to the surface. When Nathan Gerbe dropped his spin-o-rama, backhand, top shelf goal against the Philadelphia Flyers, it was like the magic trifecta of awesomeness. If he has anymore goals like this, I’ll have to stop confusing him with Tyler Ennis and Brian Gionta. Enjoy this beautiful goal—and if you’re a fan of a certain age, enjoy the flashbacks of Denis Savard. If you’re not “of a certain age,” then just do yourself a favor and Google Denis Savard.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53