Apr 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The problem with the “Goal of the Night” is that our preferences will often come to the surface. When Nathan Gerbe dropped his spin-o-rama, backhand, top shelf goal against the Philadelphia Flyers, it was like the magic trifecta of awesomeness. If he has anymore goals like this, I’ll have to stop confusing him with Tyler Ennis and Brian Gionta. Enjoy this beautiful goal—and if you’re a fan of a certain age, enjoy the flashbacks of Denis Savard. If you’re not “of a certain age,” then just do yourself a favor and Google Denis Savard.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17