Apr 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The problem with the “Goal of the Night” is that our preferences will often come to the surface. When Nathan Gerbe dropped his spin-o-rama, backhand, top shelf goal against the Philadelphia Flyers, it was like the magic trifecta of awesomeness. If he has anymore goals like this, I’ll have to stop confusing him with Tyler Ennis and Brian Gionta. Enjoy this beautiful goal—and if you’re a fan of a certain age, enjoy the flashbacks of Denis Savard. If you’re not “of a certain age,” then just do yourself a favor and Google Denis Savard.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead