Apr 8, 2011, 1:05 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars aren’t going to go away easily.
Dallas drew back to within two points of Chicago and Anaheim in the Western Conference playoff race and again climbed into ninth place after knocking off the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 in Dallas tonight. Brad Richards and Loui Eriksson each had a goal and an assist while Kari Lehtonen stopped 21 shots to earn the win.
Jamie Benn added two assists for the Stars as they continue to roll on winning their third straight game. With another game against the Avs coming up in Denver tomorrow night and a game in Minnesota against the Wild on Sunday, the Stars’ chances of making the playoffs look good, but they’re going to need some help to do it.
Chicago closes their season out with two games against Detroit while Anaheim has a pair of games left with Los Angeles. The Stars will need to win out to stand the best chance of getting into the playoffs and then hope to get some help from Detroit and L.A. along the way. While you’d like to think beating Colorado again and a Minnesota team that seems devoid of pride might seem easy (especially after a Wild 5-0 loss to Vancouver tonight) you can never be too sure of how things will break down.
One thing is for sure, Chicago and Anaheim have a lot more to worry about heading into tomorrow night’s games.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)