Apr 8, 2011, 1:05 AM EST
The Dallas Stars aren’t going to go away easily.
Dallas drew back to within two points of Chicago and Anaheim in the Western Conference playoff race and again climbed into ninth place after knocking off the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 in Dallas tonight. Brad Richards and Loui Eriksson each had a goal and an assist while Kari Lehtonen stopped 21 shots to earn the win.
Jamie Benn added two assists for the Stars as they continue to roll on winning their third straight game. With another game against the Avs coming up in Denver tomorrow night and a game in Minnesota against the Wild on Sunday, the Stars’ chances of making the playoffs look good, but they’re going to need some help to do it.
Chicago closes their season out with two games against Detroit while Anaheim has a pair of games left with Los Angeles. The Stars will need to win out to stand the best chance of getting into the playoffs and then hope to get some help from Detroit and L.A. along the way. While you’d like to think beating Colorado again and a Minnesota team that seems devoid of pride might seem easy (especially after a Wild 5-0 loss to Vancouver tonight) you can never be too sure of how things will break down.
One thing is for sure, Chicago and Anaheim have a lot more to worry about heading into tomorrow night’s games.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8