Apr 8, 2011, 1:05 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars aren’t going to go away easily.
Dallas drew back to within two points of Chicago and Anaheim in the Western Conference playoff race and again climbed into ninth place after knocking off the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 in Dallas tonight. Brad Richards and Loui Eriksson each had a goal and an assist while Kari Lehtonen stopped 21 shots to earn the win.
Jamie Benn added two assists for the Stars as they continue to roll on winning their third straight game. With another game against the Avs coming up in Denver tomorrow night and a game in Minnesota against the Wild on Sunday, the Stars’ chances of making the playoffs look good, but they’re going to need some help to do it.
Chicago closes their season out with two games against Detroit while Anaheim has a pair of games left with Los Angeles. The Stars will need to win out to stand the best chance of getting into the playoffs and then hope to get some help from Detroit and L.A. along the way. While you’d like to think beating Colorado again and a Minnesota team that seems devoid of pride might seem easy (especially after a Wild 5-0 loss to Vancouver tonight) you can never be too sure of how things will break down.
One thing is for sure, Chicago and Anaheim have a lot more to worry about heading into tomorrow night’s games.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)