Apr 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Rangers struggles last night to help themselves out in trying to make the Eastern Conference playoffs were exemplified by the stellar play of Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec. Pavelec secured a shutout against New York and snatched the Rangers playoff fate right out of their hands by doing so.
Pavelec’s efforts in frustrating the Rangers were shown off in his pad-stacking save on Artem Anisimov early in the game. That save set the tone for what New York would be dealing with the rest of the night as the Rangers now have to hope for some help from Atlanta tonight to try and get into the playoffs.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39