Apr 8, 2011, 2:05 AM EST
News flash: Vancouver is really good.
Not a news flash: You likely already knew that.
Mason Raymond scored two goals as well for Vancouver as they handed the Wild another vicious defeat this year as the Wild head towards another season of missing the playoffs.
Kesler’s hat trick brought the defensive center’s goal total to 40 this year. With 40 goals this year, Kesler has the highest goal total for a center in franchise history. With the Canucks celebrating their 40th anniversary they’ve had more than enough to celebrate so far this season with having the league’s best team during the regular season, a Hart Trophy-worthy season from Daniel Sedin after getting an MVP from Henrik Sedin last year. Now Kesler evolves from a shutdown center into a shutdown center with a lethal scoring touch.
We’ve been touting the abilities of the Canucks for the last couple months and for good reason. We’re not in the business of over-hyping a team, but this Canucks squad is really good and anything short of winning the Stanley Cup this year for Vancouver will be a major disappointment for them. Right now, it’s setting up to be a storybook type of year as the team has never won the Cup and appear poised to make a serious run at doing so in their 40th anniversary season.
Here’s video of Kesler’s hat trick:
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 62
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)