Apr 8, 2011, 2:05 AM EST
News flash: Vancouver is really good.
Not a news flash: You likely already knew that.
Mason Raymond scored two goals as well for Vancouver as they handed the Wild another vicious defeat this year as the Wild head towards another season of missing the playoffs.
Kesler’s hat trick brought the defensive center’s goal total to 40 this year. With 40 goals this year, Kesler has the highest goal total for a center in franchise history. With the Canucks celebrating their 40th anniversary they’ve had more than enough to celebrate so far this season with having the league’s best team during the regular season, a Hart Trophy-worthy season from Daniel Sedin after getting an MVP from Henrik Sedin last year. Now Kesler evolves from a shutdown center into a shutdown center with a lethal scoring touch.
We’ve been touting the abilities of the Canucks for the last couple months and for good reason. We’re not in the business of over-hyping a team, but this Canucks squad is really good and anything short of winning the Stanley Cup this year for Vancouver will be a major disappointment for them. Right now, it’s setting up to be a storybook type of year as the team has never won the Cup and appear poised to make a serious run at doing so in their 40th anniversary season.
Here’s video of Kesler’s hat trick:
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)