Apr 8, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
News flash: Vancouver is really good.
Not a news flash: You likely already knew that.
Mason Raymond scored two goals as well for Vancouver as they handed the Wild another vicious defeat this year as the Wild head towards another season of missing the playoffs.
Kesler’s hat trick brought the defensive center’s goal total to 40 this year. With 40 goals this year, Kesler has the highest goal total for a center in franchise history. With the Canucks celebrating their 40th anniversary they’ve had more than enough to celebrate so far this season with having the league’s best team during the regular season, a Hart Trophy-worthy season from Daniel Sedin after getting an MVP from Henrik Sedin last year. Now Kesler evolves from a shutdown center into a shutdown center with a lethal scoring touch.
We’ve been touting the abilities of the Canucks for the last couple months and for good reason. We’re not in the business of over-hyping a team, but this Canucks squad is really good and anything short of winning the Stanley Cup this year for Vancouver will be a major disappointment for them. Right now, it’s setting up to be a storybook type of year as the team has never won the Cup and appear poised to make a serious run at doing so in their 40th anniversary season.
Here’s video of Kesler’s hat trick:
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 42
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 33
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22