Apr 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We know Ottawa’s season has been a downer, but the play of Jason Spezza of late paired up with the emerging talent of rookie Bobby Butler have given Senators fans something to hang onto heading into next season. Last night in the Senators 3-2 overtime win over Montreal, they got a glimpse of just how fun things could be as Butler was able to fight off being mauled by Hal Gill to rip a snap shot past Alex Auld to give Ottawa a 2-1 lead late.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 4
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22