Apr 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Every once in a while, we put up a goal video that may or may not end up being the Goal of the Night. Last night, there were actually two tallies that normally would have been worthy of such an honor. First, Tyler Bozak became only the second Toronto Maple Leafs player in the team’s lengthy history to score a shorthanded goal in a 5-on-3 situation. Then Corey Perry captured the hockey world’s attention with a hat trick that pushed him to 50 goal, becoming the first – and probably only – player to reach that mark in the 2010-11 season. There was also Chris Stewart‘s awesome goal against the Chicago Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews‘ game winning response, among other fantastic flurries of offense.
Ultimately, Perry gets the retroactive nod. But in case you’re in the mood to watch those two goals – and every other one from a night full of NHL action – then you’re in luck. Here’s footage of every goal, via NHL.com.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5