Apr 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Every once in a while, we put up a goal video that may or may not end up being the Goal of the Night. Last night, there were actually two tallies that normally would have been worthy of such an honor. First, Tyler Bozak became only the second Toronto Maple Leafs player in the team’s lengthy history to score a shorthanded goal in a 5-on-3 situation. Then Corey Perry captured the hockey world’s attention with a hat trick that pushed him to 50 goal, becoming the first – and probably only – player to reach that mark in the 2010-11 season. There was also Chris Stewart‘s awesome goal against the Chicago Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews‘ game winning response, among other fantastic flurries of offense.
Ultimately, Perry gets the retroactive nod. But in case you’re in the mood to watch those two goals – and every other one from a night full of NHL action – then you’re in luck. Here’s footage of every goal, via NHL.com.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12