Apr 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Every once in a while, we put up a goal video that may or may not end up being the Goal of the Night. Last night, there were actually two tallies that normally would have been worthy of such an honor. First, Tyler Bozak became only the second Toronto Maple Leafs player in the team’s lengthy history to score a shorthanded goal in a 5-on-3 situation. Then Corey Perry captured the hockey world’s attention with a hat trick that pushed him to 50 goal, becoming the first – and probably only – player to reach that mark in the 2010-11 season. There was also Chris Stewart‘s awesome goal against the Chicago Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews‘ game winning response, among other fantastic flurries of offense.
Ultimately, Perry gets the retroactive nod. But in case you’re in the mood to watch those two goals – and every other one from a night full of NHL action – then you’re in luck. Here’s footage of every goal, via NHL.com.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)