Apr 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Every once in a while, we put up a goal video that may or may not end up being the Goal of the Night. Last night, there were actually two tallies that normally would have been worthy of such an honor. First, Tyler Bozak became only the second Toronto Maple Leafs player in the team’s lengthy history to score a shorthanded goal in a 5-on-3 situation. Then Corey Perry captured the hockey world’s attention with a hat trick that pushed him to 50 goal, becoming the first – and probably only – player to reach that mark in the 2010-11 season. There was also Chris Stewart‘s awesome goal against the Chicago Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews‘ game winning response, among other fantastic flurries of offense.
Ultimately, Perry gets the retroactive nod. But in case you’re in the mood to watch those two goals – and every other one from a night full of NHL action – then you’re in luck. Here’s footage of every goal, via NHL.com.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)