Apr 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Every once in a while, we put up a goal video that may or may not end up being the Goal of the Night. Last night, there were actually two tallies that normally would have been worthy of such an honor. First, Tyler Bozak became only the second Toronto Maple Leafs player in the team’s lengthy history to score a shorthanded goal in a 5-on-3 situation. Then Corey Perry captured the hockey world’s attention with a hat trick that pushed him to 50 goal, becoming the first – and probably only – player to reach that mark in the 2010-11 season. There was also Chris Stewart‘s awesome goal against the Chicago Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews‘ game winning response, among other fantastic flurries of offense.
Ultimately, Perry gets the retroactive nod. But in case you’re in the mood to watch those two goals – and every other one from a night full of NHL action – then you’re in luck. Here’s footage of every goal, via NHL.com.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7