Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s glory days will be remembered as a time when Patrick Roy was traded to a team that already had two superstars in Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg. People will recall Ray Bourque’s emotional release when he lifted the Stanley Cup, Rob Blake’s booming shot, the steady stream of high profile trade targets and the epic rivalry between the Avs and the Detroit Red Wings.
Some will even fondly remember a young Chris Drury bursting onto the scene.
Yet one guy who gets lost in the shuffle for many casual fans is rugged defenseman Adam Foote. Of course, any forward going into the most dangerous areas of the ice noticed Foote, so they will be glad to hear that he is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
The 20-year veteran played the vast majority of his career with Colorado, only spending about two and a half seasons with the Columbus Blue Jackets. He might play in one of the team’s final games, but if not, he will finish his career with 66 goals and 242 assists for 308 points, a +99 rating and 1,534 penalty minutes in 1,153 games played. He also won two Stanley Cups with Colorado, playing in 170 playoff games.
Adrian Dater has a nice chronological look at the blueliner’s lengthy career, which you can see here.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 23
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)