Apr 7, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
What more can we say about Tim Thomas?
While there is some variation in the way goalies play the game – and Martin Brodeur still does his own very different thing in New Jersey – Thomas is still a breath of fresh air amid many stale butterfly goalies.
His stronghold on the Vezina Trophy voting might have dried up to the point that it will be a photo finish, but he’s still capable of making the kind of dramatic saves that make him the heir apparent to Dominik Hasek.
NHL.com put up videos of two sequences of Thomas saves, so why not post them both?
First, the best of last night’s clips:
And a nice series of stops:
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63