Apr 7, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
While there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer regarding Henrik Zetterberg‘s status from last night’s lower body injury just yet, it seems like there’s already a bit of good news/bad news. Three things are still the same, though: Zetterberg won’t play in the Detroit Red Wings’ final two regular season games, the extent of the injury is unclear and he will still be listed as day-to-day.
(Good and bad news alike come from George Malik’s lengthy stream of Zetterberg injury updates.)
Now, for the bad news first, since I tend to prefer the “pull the band-aid off quickly” method. Zetterberg’s injury is forcing him to wear a knee brace and he will require an MRI on that wonky knee. Zetterberg told sources that he feels worse today than yesterday, although he expected as much.
The good news, though, is that the Red Wings’ leading point producer expects to be back sometime in the playoffs and reportedly won’t need surgery on his injured knee.
Naturally, this situation is still a fluid one, especially until the MRI results are revealed. Zetterberg is obviously an important player on one of the league’s best teams, so we’ll keep you up to date as the team provides details about his situation.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 44
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (44)