Apr 7, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
While there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer regarding Henrik Zetterberg‘s status from last night’s lower body injury just yet, it seems like there’s already a bit of good news/bad news. Three things are still the same, though: Zetterberg won’t play in the Detroit Red Wings’ final two regular season games, the extent of the injury is unclear and he will still be listed as day-to-day.
(Good and bad news alike come from George Malik’s lengthy stream of Zetterberg injury updates.)
Now, for the bad news first, since I tend to prefer the “pull the band-aid off quickly” method. Zetterberg’s injury is forcing him to wear a knee brace and he will require an MRI on that wonky knee. Zetterberg told sources that he feels worse today than yesterday, although he expected as much.
The good news, though, is that the Red Wings’ leading point producer expects to be back sometime in the playoffs and reportedly won’t need surgery on his injured knee.
Naturally, this situation is still a fluid one, especially until the MRI results are revealed. Zetterberg is obviously an important player on one of the league’s best teams, so we’ll keep you up to date as the team provides details about his situation.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)