Apr 7, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
While there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer regarding Henrik Zetterberg‘s status from last night’s lower body injury just yet, it seems like there’s already a bit of good news/bad news. Three things are still the same, though: Zetterberg won’t play in the Detroit Red Wings’ final two regular season games, the extent of the injury is unclear and he will still be listed as day-to-day.
(Good and bad news alike come from George Malik’s lengthy stream of Zetterberg injury updates.)
Now, for the bad news first, since I tend to prefer the “pull the band-aid off quickly” method. Zetterberg’s injury is forcing him to wear a knee brace and he will require an MRI on that wonky knee. Zetterberg told sources that he feels worse today than yesterday, although he expected as much.
The good news, though, is that the Red Wings’ leading point producer expects to be back sometime in the playoffs and reportedly won’t need surgery on his injured knee.
Naturally, this situation is still a fluid one, especially until the MRI results are revealed. Zetterberg is obviously an important player on one of the league’s best teams, so we’ll keep you up to date as the team provides details about his situation.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)