Apr 7, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
While there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer regarding Henrik Zetterberg‘s status from last night’s lower body injury just yet, it seems like there’s already a bit of good news/bad news. Three things are still the same, though: Zetterberg won’t play in the Detroit Red Wings’ final two regular season games, the extent of the injury is unclear and he will still be listed as day-to-day.
(Good and bad news alike come from George Malik’s lengthy stream of Zetterberg injury updates.)
Now, for the bad news first, since I tend to prefer the “pull the band-aid off quickly” method. Zetterberg’s injury is forcing him to wear a knee brace and he will require an MRI on that wonky knee. Zetterberg told sources that he feels worse today than yesterday, although he expected as much.
The good news, though, is that the Red Wings’ leading point producer expects to be back sometime in the playoffs and reportedly won’t need surgery on his injured knee.
Naturally, this situation is still a fluid one, especially until the MRI results are revealed. Zetterberg is obviously an important player on one of the league’s best teams, so we’ll keep you up to date as the team provides details about his situation.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)