Apr 7, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
While there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer regarding Henrik Zetterberg‘s status from last night’s lower body injury just yet, it seems like there’s already a bit of good news/bad news. Three things are still the same, though: Zetterberg won’t play in the Detroit Red Wings’ final two regular season games, the extent of the injury is unclear and he will still be listed as day-to-day.
(Good and bad news alike come from George Malik’s lengthy stream of Zetterberg injury updates.)
Now, for the bad news first, since I tend to prefer the “pull the band-aid off quickly” method. Zetterberg’s injury is forcing him to wear a knee brace and he will require an MRI on that wonky knee. Zetterberg told sources that he feels worse today than yesterday, although he expected as much.
The good news, though, is that the Red Wings’ leading point producer expects to be back sometime in the playoffs and reportedly won’t need surgery on his injured knee.
Naturally, this situation is still a fluid one, especially until the MRI results are revealed. Zetterberg is obviously an important player on one of the league’s best teams, so we’ll keep you up to date as the team provides details about his situation.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (142)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)