Apr 6, 2011, 6:39 PM EST
Chicago’s been without star scorer Patrick Sharp since he went down on March 20 against Phoenix with a knee injury. The Blackhawks, unsurprisingly have been a bit inconsistent without their top goal scorer but tonight they get a pleasant surprise as Sharp will play tonight against St. Louis.
Without Sharp in the lineup Chicago has gone 3-3-1 and sit eighth in the Western Conference just two points ahead of Dallas and Calgary for the last playoff spot. Sharp’s 34 goals this year are a team best and with the different injuries the team has had to deal with this season, his has been the most inconveniently timed coming right in the midst of a playoff push at the end of the season. While Chicago lost Troy Brouwer last night with a right shoulder injury, getting Sharp back should help their offense out immensely.
With Sharp returning to action, the Blackhawks and their fans have to feel a lot better about their chances of making the playoffs. Sharp has been invaluable to the team this season and has proved that his breakout last season was no fluke. If his knee is back to full health, it’s a huge turn of events for the Blackhawks. Bringing him back against a St. Louis team that plays very physical hockey will ensure that Sharp won’t get an easy welcome back to action.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 20
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)