Apr 6, 2011, 6:39 PM EDT
Chicago’s been without star scorer Patrick Sharp since he went down on March 20 against Phoenix with a knee injury. The Blackhawks, unsurprisingly have been a bit inconsistent without their top goal scorer but tonight they get a pleasant surprise as Sharp will play tonight against St. Louis.
Without Sharp in the lineup Chicago has gone 3-3-1 and sit eighth in the Western Conference just two points ahead of Dallas and Calgary for the last playoff spot. Sharp’s 34 goals this year are a team best and with the different injuries the team has had to deal with this season, his has been the most inconveniently timed coming right in the midst of a playoff push at the end of the season. While Chicago lost Troy Brouwer last night with a right shoulder injury, getting Sharp back should help their offense out immensely.
With Sharp returning to action, the Blackhawks and their fans have to feel a lot better about their chances of making the playoffs. Sharp has been invaluable to the team this season and has proved that his breakout last season was no fluke. If his knee is back to full health, it’s a huge turn of events for the Blackhawks. Bringing him back against a St. Louis team that plays very physical hockey will ensure that Sharp won’t get an easy welcome back to action.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)