Apr 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There has been plenty of hype surrounding Toronto Maple Leafs’ goaltender James Reimer lately. But if he keeps making saves like these, then he may make believers out of even the most jaded hockey fan. With the game (and at the time, the season) on the line, Reimer played yet another fantastic game to give the Leafs a chance to win. They ended up falling in a shootout and were eliminated from playoff contention when the Sabres beat the Lightning, but there’s no questioning that Reimer did his part. If you don’t believe us, maybe it would be best to ask Marcus Johansson after Reimer’s spectacular save in the third period.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 15
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28