Apr 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Habs/Hawks game had a ton of playoff implications on the line. The Blackhawks were desperately trying to earn a little breathing room for the 8th and final playoff spot in the West, while the Montreal Canadiens were trying to clinch a playoff spot with a win. PK Subban ended the affair in overtime with a nice goal, but it couldn’t compare with the individual effort Patrick Kane gave fans in the 2nd period. He picked up the puck behind the goal line, skated along the boards all the way to the blueline, deked Mathieu Darche out of his hockey pants, then snapped a shot from the slot past the ever-hot Carey Price. By the time he shot the puck and scored, it almost seemed like an afterthought. The goal was good, but the dangle was memorable.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40