Apr 3, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
While the Rangers were able to earn a 3-2 shootout victory over the Flyers today, you can’t blame them if they might’ve been feeling a little jittery after how things went down for them last year against Philadelphia late in the season.
Last year, the Rangers season was ended on the final day of the year losing to the Flyers in Philadelphia in a shootout. The loss cost the Rangers a spot in the playoffs and vaulted Philadelphia into the postseason in their place.
This year, the shootout has seen the Rangers improve tremendously going 9-3 in the skills competition. With guys like Erik Christensen, Wojtek Wolski, and Mats Zuccarello the Rangers ability to steal wins has been greatly improved.
Of course, last year was a different story with a different script, one the Rangers aren’t looking to replicate this season. While Brian Boucher was able to stymie Olli Jokinen, Claude Giroux was able to beat Henrik Lundqvist. We’re pretty sure we don’t need to remind Rangers fans how all this went down… But we’re going to anyhow.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 26
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 57
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte