Apr 3, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
While the Rangers were able to earn a 3-2 shootout victory over the Flyers today, you can’t blame them if they might’ve been feeling a little jittery after how things went down for them last year against Philadelphia late in the season.
Last year, the Rangers season was ended on the final day of the year losing to the Flyers in Philadelphia in a shootout. The loss cost the Rangers a spot in the playoffs and vaulted Philadelphia into the postseason in their place.
This year, the shootout has seen the Rangers improve tremendously going 9-3 in the skills competition. With guys like Erik Christensen, Wojtek Wolski, and Mats Zuccarello the Rangers ability to steal wins has been greatly improved.
Of course, last year was a different story with a different script, one the Rangers aren’t looking to replicate this season. While Brian Boucher was able to stymie Olli Jokinen, Claude Giroux was able to beat Henrik Lundqvist. We’re pretty sure we don’t need to remind Rangers fans how all this went down… But we’re going to anyhow.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)