Apr 3, 2011, 4:06 PM EST
While the Rangers were able to earn a 3-2 shootout victory over the Flyers today, you can’t blame them if they might’ve been feeling a little jittery after how things went down for them last year against Philadelphia late in the season.
Last year, the Rangers season was ended on the final day of the year losing to the Flyers in Philadelphia in a shootout. The loss cost the Rangers a spot in the playoffs and vaulted Philadelphia into the postseason in their place.
This year, the shootout has seen the Rangers improve tremendously going 9-3 in the skills competition. With guys like Erik Christensen, Wojtek Wolski, and Mats Zuccarello the Rangers ability to steal wins has been greatly improved.
Of course, last year was a different story with a different script, one the Rangers aren’t looking to replicate this season. While Brian Boucher was able to stymie Olli Jokinen, Claude Giroux was able to beat Henrik Lundqvist. We’re pretty sure we don’t need to remind Rangers fans how all this went down… But we’re going to anyhow.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 14
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 54
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)