Apr 3, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
While the Rangers were able to earn a 3-2 shootout victory over the Flyers today, you can’t blame them if they might’ve been feeling a little jittery after how things went down for them last year against Philadelphia late in the season.
Last year, the Rangers season was ended on the final day of the year losing to the Flyers in Philadelphia in a shootout. The loss cost the Rangers a spot in the playoffs and vaulted Philadelphia into the postseason in their place.
This year, the shootout has seen the Rangers improve tremendously going 9-3 in the skills competition. With guys like Erik Christensen, Wojtek Wolski, and Mats Zuccarello the Rangers ability to steal wins has been greatly improved.
Of course, last year was a different story with a different script, one the Rangers aren’t looking to replicate this season. While Brian Boucher was able to stymie Olli Jokinen, Claude Giroux was able to beat Henrik Lundqvist. We’re pretty sure we don’t need to remind Rangers fans how all this went down… But we’re going to anyhow.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)