Apr 3, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
With next Sunday being the final day of the regular season, all the games are getting tighter and more important. One game that could prove to be vitally important in the playoff standings is the NBC Game of the Week. The Detroit Red Wings are heading to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks to wrap up the season and for Chicago their playoff lives could hinge on the game.
Chicago is hanging on to the eighth spot right now and they close out their season with a home-and-home set with the Wings. With how things are setting up in the West, this could prove to be a first round playoff preview as well. Chicago, meanwhile, could be doing their part to cost the Red Wings a shot at the Central Division title in this game as the Nashville Predators are playing great and within striking distance of the Wings for the divisional crown. So many possibilities exist for the final game of the year and NBC’s Doc Emrick and Ed Olczyk give us an advanced preview of how things shape up for next Sunday’s tilt.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 4
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50