Apr 3, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
The New York Rangers earned a crucial shootout win in a testy, competitive game against the Philadelphia Flyers during today’s NBC Game of the Week. It seems like New York came full circle from their shootout loss to the Flyers from last season, although a challenging week of games will determine if they will make the playoffs.
Either way, they showed a lot of toughness and just enough skill to win this game.
This post includes two videos that will cover most – if not all – of the biggest moments of the game. One video includes highlights of each of the contests’ goals while the other tracks the work done by Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Flyers netminder Sergei Bobrovsky.
First, take a look at all the goal highlights:
Finally, here is NBC’s Net Cam footage:
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)