Apr 3, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
The New York Rangers earned a crucial shootout win in a testy, competitive game against the Philadelphia Flyers during today’s NBC Game of the Week. It seems like New York came full circle from their shootout loss to the Flyers from last season, although a challenging week of games will determine if they will make the playoffs.
Either way, they showed a lot of toughness and just enough skill to win this game.
This post includes two videos that will cover most – if not all – of the biggest moments of the game. One video includes highlights of each of the contests’ goals while the other tracks the work done by Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Flyers netminder Sergei Bobrovsky.
First, take a look at all the goal highlights:
Finally, here is NBC’s Net Cam footage:
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 4
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)