Apr 3, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 pm ET games
Minnesota @ Detroit
Likely Detroit starter: Joey MacDonald (Source.)
St. Louis @ Columbus
Likely St. Louis starter: Jaroslav Halak – My best guess (which might be a bit of a theme, maybe because of the unusual start times today).
Likely Columbus starter: Mathieu Garon – A safer guess, because it sounds like Steve Mason might be dealing with an undisclosed injury. Can’t promise you about this one, either, though.
Buffalo @ Carolina
7:00 pm ET game
Tampa Bay @ Chicago
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford - A reasonable guess considering how important this game is for the Blackhawks (and the fact that he’s been getting almost every start).
8:00 pm ET games
Calgary @ Colorado
Likely Colorado starter: Brian Elliott – Another toss-up, but hopefully you aren’t counting on an Avs goalie for fantasy hockey points anyway.
Dallas @ Anaheim
Likely Anaheim starter: Ray Emery – It’s quite possible that Dan Ellis could get the start, being that Emery is still coming off a scary injury and these are back-to-back games. Yet my gut instinct says Emery.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)