Apr 3, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 pm ET games
Minnesota @ Detroit
Likely Detroit starter: Joey MacDonald (Source.)
St. Louis @ Columbus
Likely St. Louis starter: Jaroslav Halak – My best guess (which might be a bit of a theme, maybe because of the unusual start times today).
Likely Columbus starter: Mathieu Garon – A safer guess, because it sounds like Steve Mason might be dealing with an undisclosed injury. Can’t promise you about this one, either, though.
Buffalo @ Carolina
7:00 pm ET game
Tampa Bay @ Chicago
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – A reasonable guess considering how important this game is for the Blackhawks (and the fact that he’s been getting almost every start).
8:00 pm ET games
Calgary @ Colorado
Likely Colorado starter: Brian Elliott – Another toss-up, but hopefully you aren’t counting on an Avs goalie for fantasy hockey points anyway.
Dallas @ Anaheim
Likely Anaheim starter: Ray Emery – It’s quite possible that Dan Ellis could get the start, being that Emery is still coming off a scary injury and these are back-to-back games. Yet my gut instinct says Emery.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5