Apr 3, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 pm ET games
Minnesota @ Detroit
Likely Detroit starter: Joey MacDonald (Source.)
St. Louis @ Columbus
Likely St. Louis starter: Jaroslav Halak – My best guess (which might be a bit of a theme, maybe because of the unusual start times today).
Likely Columbus starter: Mathieu Garon – A safer guess, because it sounds like Steve Mason might be dealing with an undisclosed injury. Can’t promise you about this one, either, though.
Buffalo @ Carolina
7:00 pm ET game
Tampa Bay @ Chicago
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – A reasonable guess considering how important this game is for the Blackhawks (and the fact that he’s been getting almost every start).
8:00 pm ET games
Calgary @ Colorado
Likely Colorado starter: Brian Elliott – Another toss-up, but hopefully you aren’t counting on an Avs goalie for fantasy hockey points anyway.
Dallas @ Anaheim
Likely Anaheim starter: Ray Emery – It’s quite possible that Dan Ellis could get the start, being that Emery is still coming off a scary injury and these are back-to-back games. Yet my gut instinct says Emery.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)