Apr 3, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Last time the New York Rangers played the Philadelphia Flyers, there wasn’t much drama involved going into the third period. The Rangers ended up pummeling the Flyers 7-0 in that game.
This afternoon’s contest has a different feel, though, as New York only has a one-goal lead through the first two periods. Ruslan Fedotenko scored his 10th goal of the season to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead, the only tally of the second period.
Fedotenko actually factored into another major moment of the middle frame, as he received what seemed like a fairly clean (but hard) hit from Braydon Coburn. The Rangers weren’t happy with the check, as Brian Boyle quickly challenged Coburn to a fight in which Coburn got the best of him.
There have been plenty of shots (25-22, Philadelphia) and hits (22 each) in this game, so expect a busy and contentious final frame in this game. The Rangers can earn a nice – if still quite small – cushion by winning today, especially in regulation or overtime. It doesn’t look like Philly is going to make it easy, though, not with a lead in the Eastern Conference on the line.
If you want to stream the game and chat with us about the game, click here.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)