Apr 3, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Last time the New York Rangers played the Philadelphia Flyers, there wasn’t much drama involved going into the third period. The Rangers ended up pummeling the Flyers 7-0 in that game.
This afternoon’s contest has a different feel, though, as New York only has a one-goal lead through the first two periods. Ruslan Fedotenko scored his 10th goal of the season to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead, the only tally of the second period.
Fedotenko actually factored into another major moment of the middle frame, as he received what seemed like a fairly clean (but hard) hit from Braydon Coburn. The Rangers weren’t happy with the check, as Brian Boyle quickly challenged Coburn to a fight in which Coburn got the best of him.
There have been plenty of shots (25-22, Philadelphia) and hits (22 each) in this game, so expect a busy and contentious final frame in this game. The Rangers can earn a nice – if still quite small – cushion by winning today, especially in regulation or overtime. It doesn’t look like Philly is going to make it easy, though, not with a lead in the Eastern Conference on the line.
If you want to stream the game and chat with us about the game, click here.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)