Apr 3, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Last time the New York Rangers played the Philadelphia Flyers, there wasn’t much drama involved going into the third period. The Rangers ended up pummeling the Flyers 7-0 in that game.
This afternoon’s contest has a different feel, though, as New York only has a one-goal lead through the first two periods. Ruslan Fedotenko scored his 10th goal of the season to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead, the only tally of the second period.
Fedotenko actually factored into another major moment of the middle frame, as he received what seemed like a fairly clean (but hard) hit from Braydon Coburn. The Rangers weren’t happy with the check, as Brian Boyle quickly challenged Coburn to a fight in which Coburn got the best of him.
There have been plenty of shots (25-22, Philadelphia) and hits (22 each) in this game, so expect a busy and contentious final frame in this game. The Rangers can earn a nice – if still quite small – cushion by winning today, especially in regulation or overtime. It doesn’t look like Philly is going to make it easy, though, not with a lead in the Eastern Conference on the line.
If you want to stream the game and chat with us about the game, click here.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)