Apr 3, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Last time the New York Rangers played the Philadelphia Flyers, there wasn’t much drama involved going into the third period. The Rangers ended up pummeling the Flyers 7-0 in that game.
This afternoon’s contest has a different feel, though, as New York only has a one-goal lead through the first two periods. Ruslan Fedotenko scored his 10th goal of the season to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead, the only tally of the second period.
Fedotenko actually factored into another major moment of the middle frame, as he received what seemed like a fairly clean (but hard) hit from Braydon Coburn. The Rangers weren’t happy with the check, as Brian Boyle quickly challenged Coburn to a fight in which Coburn got the best of him.
There have been plenty of shots (25-22, Philadelphia) and hits (22 each) in this game, so expect a busy and contentious final frame in this game. The Rangers can earn a nice – if still quite small – cushion by winning today, especially in regulation or overtime. It doesn’t look like Philly is going to make it easy, though, not with a lead in the Eastern Conference on the line.
If you want to stream the game and chat with us about the game, click here.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 21
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)