Apr 3, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Last time the New York Rangers played the Philadelphia Flyers, there wasn’t much drama involved going into the third period. The Rangers ended up pummeling the Flyers 7-0 in that game.
This afternoon’s contest has a different feel, though, as New York only has a one-goal lead through the first two periods. Ruslan Fedotenko scored his 10th goal of the season to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead, the only tally of the second period.
Fedotenko actually factored into another major moment of the middle frame, as he received what seemed like a fairly clean (but hard) hit from Braydon Coburn. The Rangers weren’t happy with the check, as Brian Boyle quickly challenged Coburn to a fight in which Coburn got the best of him.
There have been plenty of shots (25-22, Philadelphia) and hits (22 each) in this game, so expect a busy and contentious final frame in this game. The Rangers can earn a nice – if still quite small – cushion by winning today, especially in regulation or overtime. It doesn’t look like Philly is going to make it easy, though, not with a lead in the Eastern Conference on the line.
If you want to stream the game and chat with us about the game, click here.
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 5
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 16
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2