Apr 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Say what you want about Mathieu Garon’s performance on Friday night against the Blackhawks. At least it was entertaining.
Garon wasn’t particularly busy for most of the game. After giving up a pair of goals early in the first period, the Blue Jackets controlled the majority of the game. But when Columbus finally took the lead and needed a save from Garon to maintain the lead, Garon gave up an extremely soft goal from Bryan Bickell on the wing. In the overtime period, the Blackhawks threw everything they had at the Columbus netminder, but he was doing his best to atone for the mistake at the end of regulation. He made a few great saves in OT, but this save was the best of the bunch.
Too bad for Garon he was only postponing the inevitable. Despite the great save, Chicago still prevailed in the shootout.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)