Apr 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Say what you want about Mathieu Garon’s performance on Friday night against the Blackhawks. At least it was entertaining.
Garon wasn’t particularly busy for most of the game. After giving up a pair of goals early in the first period, the Blue Jackets controlled the majority of the game. But when Columbus finally took the lead and needed a save from Garon to maintain the lead, Garon gave up an extremely soft goal from Bryan Bickell on the wing. In the overtime period, the Blackhawks threw everything they had at the Columbus netminder, but he was doing his best to atone for the mistake at the end of regulation. He made a few great saves in OT, but this save was the best of the bunch.
Too bad for Garon he was only postponing the inevitable. Despite the great save, Chicago still prevailed in the shootout.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62