Apr 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Say what you want about Mathieu Garon’s performance on Friday night against the Blackhawks. At least it was entertaining.
Garon wasn’t particularly busy for most of the game. After giving up a pair of goals early in the first period, the Blue Jackets controlled the majority of the game. But when Columbus finally took the lead and needed a save from Garon to maintain the lead, Garon gave up an extremely soft goal from Bryan Bickell on the wing. In the overtime period, the Blackhawks threw everything they had at the Columbus netminder, but he was doing his best to atone for the mistake at the end of regulation. He made a few great saves in OT, but this save was the best of the bunch.
Too bad for Garon he was only postponing the inevitable. Despite the great save, Chicago still prevailed in the shootout.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)