Apr 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Say what you want about Mathieu Garon’s performance on Friday night against the Blackhawks. At least it was entertaining.
Garon wasn’t particularly busy for most of the game. After giving up a pair of goals early in the first period, the Blue Jackets controlled the majority of the game. But when Columbus finally took the lead and needed a save from Garon to maintain the lead, Garon gave up an extremely soft goal from Bryan Bickell on the wing. In the overtime period, the Blackhawks threw everything they had at the Columbus netminder, but he was doing his best to atone for the mistake at the end of regulation. He made a few great saves in OT, but this save was the best of the bunch.
Too bad for Garon he was only postponing the inevitable. Despite the great save, Chicago still prevailed in the shootout.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8