Apr 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sometimes we will find a goal that looks so smooth, it almost doesn’t look like it warrants consideration. Such was the case with this 2-on-1 break for Alex Tanguay and Jarome Iginla. The give and go looked so smooth, it almost looked too easy. By the time Iginla made the pass back to his linemmate, Jaroslav Halak was so committed to the shooter that he put himself out of position. It was a great goal with beautiful teamwork; and the best part for Flames fans is it was Iginla’s 999th career point. Later in the game, he reached the 1000 point milestone with a classic Iginla wrister. It was, quite possibly, the second best goal of the game.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21