Apr 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sometimes we will find a goal that looks so smooth, it almost doesn’t look like it warrants consideration. Such was the case with this 2-on-1 break for Alex Tanguay and Jarome Iginla. The give and go looked so smooth, it almost looked too easy. By the time Iginla made the pass back to his linemmate, Jaroslav Halak was so committed to the shooter that he put himself out of position. It was a great goal with beautiful teamwork; and the best part for Flames fans is it was Iginla’s 999th career point. Later in the game, he reached the 1000 point milestone with a classic Iginla wrister. It was, quite possibly, the second best goal of the game.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11