Apr 1, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia between the Flyers and New York Rangers turns out to be a pretty big one for both teams. The Flyers are struggling to hang on to the top spot in the Eastern Conference while the Rangers are struggling to hang on to a playoff spot. The Flyers are without Chris Pronger and the Rangers will need Marian Gaborik and Ryan Callahan to step up and try to help make sure the Rangers make the postseason.
Mike Milbury takes a look at how these two teams match up and how there’s a possibility that this could very well be a preview of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)