Apr 1, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia between the Flyers and New York Rangers turns out to be a pretty big one for both teams. The Flyers are struggling to hang on to the top spot in the Eastern Conference while the Rangers are struggling to hang on to a playoff spot. The Flyers are without Chris Pronger and the Rangers will need Marian Gaborik and Ryan Callahan to step up and try to help make sure the Rangers make the postseason.
Mike Milbury takes a look at how these two teams match up and how there’s a possibility that this could very well be a preview of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 8
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 37
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)