Apr 1, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia between the Flyers and New York Rangers turns out to be a pretty big one for both teams. The Flyers are struggling to hang on to the top spot in the Eastern Conference while the Rangers are struggling to hang on to a playoff spot. The Flyers are without Chris Pronger and the Rangers will need Marian Gaborik and Ryan Callahan to step up and try to help make sure the Rangers make the postseason.
Mike Milbury takes a look at how these two teams match up and how there’s a possibility that this could very well be a preview of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22