Apr 1, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia between the Flyers and New York Rangers turns out to be a pretty big one for both teams. The Flyers are struggling to hang on to the top spot in the Eastern Conference while the Rangers are struggling to hang on to a playoff spot. The Flyers are without Chris Pronger and the Rangers will need Marian Gaborik and Ryan Callahan to step up and try to help make sure the Rangers make the postseason.
Mike Milbury takes a look at how these two teams match up and how there’s a possibility that this could very well be a preview of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)